Owen and Shakira - two great bulldogs! (NovA, MD, DC area)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Owen and Shakira - two great bulldogs! (NovA, MD, DC area)

Postby Sweet72947 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

For both dogs, please see www.foha.org for more information. :)

Meet Owen! He was an owner surrender, the owner was having a baby. He's a big baby himself, really. He likes to play fetch (he'll actually drop the toy at your feet and stare at it in anticipation of it being thrown), and he likes to talk, he makes some interesting noises! He'll cry for attention, and sometimes he makes this chortling noise that sounds like a big cricket. Owen will be great fun for the right owner. He is neutered, up to date on shots, and would do fine with kids 8+ (younger kids may be knocked over/slobbered upon). We haven't dog tested him yet, but I would be hesitant to place him with another male, he would probably do fine with a compatible female. Owen can be cat-tested if necessary.

Introducing, Shakira! Shakira was dropped off in FOHA's driveway in a crate. She went through the stray hold period and was not claimed, so she is now available for adoption. It does appear that Shakira has had a few litters in her time, but she has now been spayed, no more puppies for her! Shakira is very friendly to people, and does like to cuddle and be doted upon. I gave Shakira a bath and cleaned her ears two weekends ago, and she was very good with the handling (although I did get a few dirty looks for the ear cleaning lol) Shakira also seems good with children, as she met an 18 month old little girl recently and quite happily (and gently) slobbered on the girl's hair (much to the parent's amusement and the little girl's displeasure. lol) We aren't sure of her age, but she seems to be older, maybe around 6 or 7 years. Shakira would probably do fine with a compatible male dog. NO SMALL DOGS. Shakira can be cat-tested if necessary.

Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Re: Owen and Shakira - two great bulldogs! (NovA, MD, DC area)

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:16 am

Oh Owen.... I'm in LOOOVE!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:35 am

I am in love with Owen as well! :inlove: :inlove:

I hope Owen and Shakira find forever homes soon!
Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Sweet72947 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Update! Owen has been adopted to a lovely family with a little girl. I was told that, between he and the little girl, it was love at first sight. :)

Shakira is still waiting, she would like a home where her primary job is holding the couch down. :)) And I think she would prefer being an only dog; Shakira is fine if the other dog is calm and doesn't try anything, but if they challenge her, she is ready to bring the smackdown!
Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs