102 pounds of LOVE!!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: 102 pounds of LOVE!!!

Postby Amie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:48 pm

I'm so happy and proud to read that from you, Maddy. She's such a love, and I'm glad she helped you almost as much as you helped her. These dogs...
:inlove:

Everyone else - chip in to help Jelly Belly here: http://www.ebbrr.blogspot.com/
Amie
Regulator

Postby nsbullylover » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:36 pm

Otis wrote:She is a very special dog. One look in her eyes and you know she's seen quite a lot, I think you made a very good decision pulling this girl. She's got soul coming out her ears...

Reading this made me think she needs a name change, maybe something "soulful". After all, hopefully she won't be a jelly belly for much longer!
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Zagari » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm so glad that she is safe!
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:24 am

I have been thinking about names but I will probably let her foster or owner pic a good one... I thought about Molly, from the new show Mike & Molly, which I think I am going to love! I am a HUGE girl myself so I can definately relate to Ms. Jelly Belly and how she feels. But we are kindred spirits because we just keep plopping along... and hope that someone whips us into shape. LOL roflmao
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Amie » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:34 am

I think she needs something frilly and girly - the anti-"Jelly-Belly-Jr"

Like Angelica or Rosaline.
Amie
Regulator

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:42 am

So I guess Butterball is out?
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:06 am

Ya'll ROCK!!! Good Luck Ms. Jelly on finding a furever home worthy of your charm and grace!!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby nsbullylover » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:09 am

Amie wrote:I think she needs something frilly and girly - the anti-"Jelly-Belly-Jr"

Like Angelica or Rosaline.

I was thinking something like Aretha. It's girly, has nothing to do with being a "butterball", and could be considered soulful (as in Aretha Franlin).
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Update: Hi guys... well I brought her home from the vets and I am so sad I had to take her to the kennel. She is a really good dog. She is very quiet and just wants to hang out with you. She is a happy dog but it broke my heart because you can see the worry or maybe sadness in her eyes.... I just feel like she is missing her human. Oh my heart breaks for her.

Anyway other then then that.. her bloodwork was fine. She is just obese like me! Seriously though the weight has to come off, we can not spay her until she looses 20-30lbs. Her breathing is definately labored with minimal activity. (me too) I picked her up at the vets and overnighted her. I spent most of the night with her but I did have to give her some alone time even though I didn't want to!!! I set her up in my basement. I put a baby-gate at the top of the steps, a large piece of plywood behind it propped up with a little table just in case she got spunky. She was fine. I put a blankie on the floor for her and she plopped right on it. While I did laundry she hung out with me. I tossed a ball and she was not really interested. She was not interested in eating dog food... but I did sneak and give her some of my breakfast this morning. We are both starting our diets "tomorrow". :oops:

My heart absolutely breaks for this dog. She was definately someone's pet and I just can't imagine how she ended up on the streets and why no one claimed her. She has no callusses, her teeth are pretty clean, her pads are not even that rough. She had no accidents in the house. She was quiet as a mouse, I just had nothing bad to say about her. I handled her everywhere, no problems with her food, and she takes treats gently. She layed down and I gave her a rub down and she would just sigh from time to time. I felt so bad this morning it killed me. We got up early and I took her for a walk then loaded her up to take to the kennel. Thanks to the people that chipped in. Her first week is paid up and her food.

If I was not in the process of packing up my house to move I would seriously foster her. Pics being posted in the gallery... probably will just continue on someone else's thread.
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Adrianne » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:54 pm

With my obese girl sadly her owner fell ill and was no longer able to care for her. Could be a similar case. :pray for a foster
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby ilovetyson » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:48 pm

awww, I so wish I was able to help this girl more! She really tugs my heart strings! give her some love for me! Would'ya!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Any new updates on this beautiful girl?? I would love to hear how she is doing!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby MissKitty » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Does she have a foster now and where is she located?
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:01 am

Hi all,
I have been meaning to update everyone but I have been so swamped. JB is now being called Ellie. She is a total mush, but we were having a hard time getting her to eat. *surprise, surprise the fat dog does not want to eat!* She absolutely refused to eat kibble. She had two complete work ups and the second vet said do not cheat keep her on the prescription food only. She had no interest in it at all. It took almost two weeks before she finally caved and ate her first bowl of dog food yesterday. I had an appointment for Saturday for another check up and possibly x-rays. The wierdest thing was she was not lethargic in the least. I have never had a dog so overweight or even a dog that didn't want to eat so this is all new to me and I have been going by the vets advice. I called another vet yesterday and talked for like an hour because I just felt like it was going on to long for her not eating and I wanted another opionion. He agreed with me that some food was better then no food after this length of time but Ellie went ahead and made a liar out of me last night. So today she officially had her second helping of kibble so hopefully the Hunger Strike is over.

More info to come and new pics too!
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby bullheaded » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:47 pm

God Bless you for what you are doing for her. :bowdown: Thank you for the update. Good news that she is starting to eat, lets hope it continues. Cant wait to see pics of the girl. What amazes me is every photo and vidoe of this girl she is so damn happy. Makes me cry. Thanks again.
bullheaded
Matured Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs