Houston Pitties Needing forever homes

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Houston Pitties Needing forever homes

Postby Prairietx » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:55 pm

If th
is is inappropriate to post here please let me know...this is for my fosters.

Story:

Three dogs were dumped at my husband's plant located on the Houston Ship Channel. They were there about 5 days before the plant manager decided they would have to be removed. During those 5 days I spent hours contacting every bull breed rescue/all breed rescue in the area from Houston to San Antonio for anyone with room to help them. They were flea infested and starving. My hubby and some of the guys at work decided they were not going to allow them to starve and fed them. Two days before I was to leave for vacation, we brought them to our home and did our first vet visit. We made arrangements for our dog sitter to care for them along with our three Labs. Upon return..we continue our vet visits and I have found a rescue that will allow them into their program if I continue to foster. So I am working to get their information out there. Photos/stats. These guys deserve a great home. They are the sweetest dogs I have met. We suspect they are a momma and 2 of her pups. They have made great progress in 23 days. We've been able to introduce everyone without any real issues. So right now we're a big pack of 6 while supervised just like a bunch of big kids. I would appreciate you all forwarding to anyone you know in the Houston area that is considering adopting. I can give first hand knowledge of their quirks and personalities and that will continue to grow the longer I have them. They will be available for adoption through Friendsforlife at http://www.nokill1.org. Many photos available on my FB site as well. SO just pm me if you'd like to take a look.

Sassy - female approx 2yrs, spayed, and HW positive (we intend to treat before placement, will begin after recovery from spay)
Patches - female approx 10 mos, spayed, HW -
Buster - male approx 10 mos, neuter is coming, HW-

Photos here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... dfc19824c3
Last edited by Prairietx on Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prairietx
Newborn Bully

Re: Houston Pitties Needing forever homes

Postby Prairietx » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Dogs on not yet up on Friendsforlife site. Will be in a few days but feel free to contact operations manager or exec director for more info.
Prairietx
Newborn Bully

Postby Prairietx » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Dogs are up on www.nokill1.org and Buster is scheduled for surgery on Wednesday. So the two pups will be available immediately if approved for adoption. Patches will most likely be at Friendsforlife this Sat for showings and Buster possbibly on Sunday depending on surgery recovery.
Prairietx
Newborn Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:29 pm

They are beautiful dogs! I Hope someone comes along and scoops em up quickly! Thanks for taking them in and Taking care of the babies!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Prairietx » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:28 pm

If you are in Houston...Patches will be available to meet at Friendsforlife in the Heights tomorrow 12-5pm.
Prairietx
Newborn Bully

Postby Prairietx » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Patches went to a new home this Saturday...

Buster and Sassy are still avail tho Sassy will start HW treatment next week. She still needs to recover before she will get ready.
Prairietx
Newborn Bully

Postby Prairietx » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:09 pm

For you Houston folks...Buster will be available to meet this Sunday from 12-5pm at the Friendsforlife adoption center located in the Heights. If you are looking to adopt, please consider dropping by to tell him hello. Or just to play with him. :)
Prairietx
Newborn Bully

Postby Prairietx » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:56 am

Just an FYI...Patches is now available for adoption. She was returned to us from her new adopted family. Unfortunately, with toy breeds in the house...a large puppy was not the best combination. No fault of Patches. Just making sure everyone in the house was safe. We will no longer be considering homes with toy/small breeds or very young children.

Buster will be available at the to meet this Sunday, Nov 7 from 12-5 at the Friendsforlife adoption center in the Houston Heights. www.nokill1.org. If you'd like to meet him, swing by and say hi to him. Questions about either dog can be directed to FFL as well.
Prairietx
Newborn Bully

Postby Prairietx » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Updating:

Patches has been adopted, again. :)

Sassy has been adopted by us. :)

Buster is still looking for his home. He will be making an appearance Downtown Houston at Discovery Green this coming Saturday. If you are interested in meeting him, he will be happy to give you a few puppy kisses. He's making great strides in his training. We have worked...touch, leave it, watch me, sit, and down. We are working hard on getting his loose leash walking under control. Very inquisitive.
Prairietx
Newborn Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs