Rescuers working in/near Monroe, NC

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Rescuers working in/near Monroe, NC

Postby BabyReba » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:57 pm

I have someone who probably needs support/advice for a sickly stray puppy she found. The pup has a broken tail, she thinks, and is very thin.

She may be willing to keep the dog (in fact, she pretty much said so in a message to me), but she's not familiar with the breed and is a bit nervous about what she's read in the past. She also already has pets in the home. She could probably use a pit bull friend/mentor who can maybe help her get started off on the right foot. Could probably use spay/neuter resources, breed info, etc. I can obviously do some of this from afar, but it'd be nice if she had a local group to go to with questions and/or if she decides she wants to find the pup a good home rather than keep her ...

If you are nearby, lemme know and I'll try to get you hooked up with her ...
BabyReba
Regulator

Re: Rescuers working in/near Monroe, NC

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

I'd be glad to give her advice but it would be long distance since I am in VA but I would do what I could.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby BabyReba » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:57 pm

thanks, amy. i'll tell her she can contact you as well ... i'm gonna try to do what i can from afar, as well, to set her up for success.

she's an old friend of my sister's and i know she's had dogs over the course of the years i've known her, but it's been huskies and labs and mixed breeds so any solid advice on pit bulls would probably be helpful.

she said that so far, the pup is very friendly and outgoing with everyone (yay) and has seen the other animals and seems nervous but curious. they have outdoor kennels and they hope they can keep her in one during the day when they aren't home to supervise her ...
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby BabyReba » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:36 pm

ha, false alarm apparently ... she took the dog to the vet and was told the pup was catahoula hound mix and not a pit bull at all. who knows if the vet identified teh dog correctly or not, but she is going to try to keep the pup.
BabyReba
Regulator

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs