mom and pups in Baltimore

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

mom and pups in Baltimore

Postby BabyReba » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:54 pm

Man, our city shelter is a hellhole. I went there today, and the staff is so overwhelmed--as is the case everywhere, I guess. But there are some at the shelter trying to get pitties out and into rescue before they get PTS (they have a no-adopt policy for pit bulls, but they'll release to some rescues if we promise to get the dogs out of the city pronto).

I can't help these little guys because I think I'm taking one of the other needy adult bulldogs, but they about broke my heart. A mom and her two teeny puppies. They will be euthed by the end of next week, I'm told, but I can pull them if I can find them a spot in a rescue outside Baltimore.

Chances are, they won't release the mother dog, but they will let the puppies go to me if I promise to whisk them far, far away.

Here's the big boy I think I'm taking into rescue next week. He's another AB, really big but so pathetically thin. These pics also give a good idea how damn filthy the shelter is all the time.

Image[/list]
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby CinderDee » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:20 am

Ohhhh, that is so sad. :sad: That place is really filthy.
I wish someone could take the Mom & pups out too.

It's wonderful that you're taking the AB! Good luck with him. :)

Dee
CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

pit pups in baltimore

Postby jarrod4151 » Sun May 02, 2004 12:25 pm

what is the adoption process, and what all does it take. im interested in getting a puppy.
jarrod4151

Postby BabyReba » Sun May 02, 2004 5:40 pm

Hey, thanks for the response, but we got both pups and the mom placed in foster-to-adopt situations. If all goes well, the paperwork will be signed and they'll all be in permanent homes by the end of the month (may).

I do have my eye on another pup in a shelter right now who's a sweetie, but VERY high energy--a really exuberant boy. If you're interested in filling out an app (and if the shelter allows me to pull him--they can be sketchy about that at times) PM me and I'll get you one.

If you're in the Baltimore area and we don't have a dog you're interested in, there's a great group in Frederick that last I checked had a few pitty puppies for adoption.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby katsola » Tue May 04, 2004 5:02 pm

I am glad to hear that the mama got out too! That would break my heart to know she didn't make it too.
katsola

Postby BabyReba » Fri May 07, 2004 9:18 pm

Yep, Mama is out and she's a sweetie. I call her Mimi, and I'm still searching for a home for her as her foster-to-adopt was short lived. Some issues with the other dog in the house worried the people who were fostering her.

Here she is fighting off sleep:

More pics of her in the gallery. Hopefully she'll convince someone to fall madly in love with her soon . . .
BabyReba
Regulator

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs