Female Pit Puppy - Very Skinny and needing a home!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Female Pit Puppy - Very Skinny and needing a home!

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Could be she escaped but she's also got flat feet, those are harder to keep nails down. I've got two with flat feet and two with correct feet. I ALWAYS have to keep a watch on the cruella de'vil nails on the flat footers. The correct feet seem to take care of themselves on hard surfaces.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby nessa » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:53 pm

OMG, she's obviously meant to be my daughter then cause I'm flat footed as well!
Shes now home and resting in the guest bath along with a nice doggie bed, while her kennel dries. Bless her heart, she messed the kennel on the way home, effin traffic to be blamed. So she had her second bath and a nice snuggle with me.
She is Giardia negative, but hook and roundworm positive. So she was wormed and will be again in a month. She has yeast infections in both ears and a secondary bacterial infection in one. She got vaccinations too. We have metronitazol to give, some probiotics, ear drops, Metamucil cookies.... a whole regimen! Shes a trooper!
Time to go look at collarmania!
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Noriko525 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:55 am

nessa wrote:OMG, she's obviously meant to be my daughter then cause I'm flat footed as well!
Shes now home and resting in the guest bath along with a nice doggie bed, while her kennel dries. Bless her heart, she messed the kennel on the way home, effin traffic to be blamed. So she had her second bath and a nice snuggle with me.
She is Giardia negative, but hook and roundworm positive. So she was wormed and will be again in a month. She has yeast infections in both ears and a secondary bacterial infection in one. She got vaccinations too. We have metronitazol to give, some probiotics, ear drops, Metamucil cookies.... a whole regimen! Shes a trooper!
Time to go look at collarmania!

I just read this whole thread and I must say, your narration paints such a perfect picture! lol. Sounds like she is in a GREAT home- and I remember Kirby from back in the day on PBF :)
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby nessa » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:21 am

Hey Noriko!! We still have the Kirbster, hes the older, more responsible >cough< calmer of our dogs now. Whoodathunkit!
We got Dyson back in May he's now somewhere around 10 months old, 83 pounds. He's as tall as I am..... Obviously some sort of nefarious mixing has gone on, AB or... moose? I need to post more pics, I know.
Then we have Reka, the total opposite of the spectrum! I'm so blessed. Kirby isn't sure he's really too pleased with either development. The whole idea behind getting a third dog was to have a young, rambunctious playmate for Dyson, so Kirby can sit on the couch and snooze with his peeps. Fate plays a funny hand sometimes, and Reka probably won't fulfill that role, but she will find her own little spot regardless. Having a girl is SO MUCH FUN!!!
Crate and rotate is not so bad, but I'm looking forward to when her lockdown is done. Shes totally coming out of her shell with us. She no longer just sits and snuggles and quivers, she's jumping into my lap on the couch, digging at her bed, fluffing it, and really getting animated. WonderVetBoy (hes in my good graces atm) has cured her runny poo, and her ears are less itchy. She might have even put on an ounce or two! She's a DREAM in her crate now. No fussing, tho shes still not keen about entering it without a yummy incentive.
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby tambius » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:41 am

How's little Reka doing in her new place?
tambius
Matured Bully

Postby nessa » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:16 pm

The little hellion is doing fabulous! I think she must be half JRT.
The SO let her out and..... introduced? her to the boys the day before yesterday. Apparently he wasn't on plan with me....
I came home from work and nearly shat myself seeing her out with Dyson, unleashed. Kirby saw that I was home and knocked down the doggy gate to come say hello so there we were, three dogs, together, mamma about to poo a brick.
However, she and Dyson are the Dynamic Duo. Run run run, chase chase chase, pounce pounce pounce, nomnomnom, PLAY PLAY PLAY! They adore each other. Kirby is still not sure, but he'd rather just remove himself from all the excitement than deal with two flying white freaks I'll get pics. Tiny little girl and Huge doofus, its a sight to see. She totally gives him what fer, and he likes it.
She has put on some weight so she doesn't look like a skeleton anymore, she could stand another pound or so, I think.
I'll take her in a couple weeks for her second deworming and check her weight.
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby nessa » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:15 am

Ok, here is Reka, and Dyson playing. Some of the pics look serious, but they aren't! Kirby is observing from a safe distance.

I Love the size difference :P

OMG! Kidz!!
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby haircrazie016 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 am

aww Kirby is so cute!!

thanks for rescuing Reka, it looks like she is really making herself at home! ;)
haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador

Postby mcrae101 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:52 am

Very cute pup.....good luck!
mcrae101
Adolescent Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:03 am

awww, she IS Super tiny! lol!! So cute! Glad things are going well!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby nsbullylover » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:12 am

I didn't realize how tiny she is! Cute!

She's looking great!
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:25 am

This is the best thing I've read/seen in a long time. Bless your hearts!! Lucky Lady Reka.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby MissKitty » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:35 pm

This is so heart warming!

I can't wait to see the wonderful dog she grows into.

Thank you for taking her :bowdown:
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby nessa » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:31 pm

GAH! Poor wee mite has a UTI. Time for more pills, more baths.
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Previous

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs