A Question

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

A Question

Postby ammitnme » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:35 pm

A question I got...anyone ever heard of this?

At some point last year, when I was having so many problems with my computer, I had found a web site that I tried to save under "favorites" but lost. I don't want to call it an animal shelter, because it was more than that. It was more like a "community" with houses on the same large plot of land and one person or couple lived in each residence with a group of stray animals that they were responsible for. The animals were adopted out like a shelter, but the animals lived in houses, so had a less stressful environment, and the staff could see how each animal did in a home environment with other animals (much like our foster homes, but all the homes are together which makes it easier for staff to meet and also for people to visit and see all the animals at once.)

Anyway, it sounded like such a promising idea and so novel I have always meant to go back and research, but I never have the time.

Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:17 pm

no but it sounds good.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:31 pm

There is a place in Middletown, NY called Pets Alive that has on-site houses, I think they are/were planning a B&B there, and people could come and stay and work with the animals and help out at the shelter or something.

Does that sound familiar at all?

ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ammitnme » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:13 pm

I think thats it...thanks BabyReba!

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”