Help in Gulfport, MS

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Help in Gulfport, MS

Postby Cherry » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:52 am

My friend's neighbor abandoned his young pit bull dog. He is starving and neglected. :( He's currently at my friend's house but he can't keep him because the pit bull is not getting along with his weimaraner. His dog is very hyper and I'm not sure how his dog to dog manners are so it may just be a problem with pushiness. He is great with humans though. I am meeting him today and picking him up to take him to the humane society this evening if no rescues can take him. They are pit bull friendly but the area we live in isn't known to be kind to pit bulls, including adopted ones. I can't take him in because I'm moving in a week into my inlaw's place in TX for a few months. :(

I can transport him to LA or AL if needed. He looks so sweet and adorable. I hope I can get him into a rescue as opposed to the overcrowded shelter.

Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Help in Gulfport, MS

Postby Cherry » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:08 am

Found him a wonderful home last night!! Woohoo!!! Poor guy is way skinnier than he looks in that picture, you can see every bone in his body. Turns out he LOVES the rescuer's female rottweiler and pomeranian and he did amazing with her children. He's the typical pitty, wants to love on everyone constantly. He is going to a wonderful home.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby BabyReba » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:24 am

so glad to hear it. thanks for helping him!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Cherry » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:44 pm

I told a good friend of mine (actually a new member on here) about the dog and she told her friend, who is an awesome dog owner and she brought him home!

She took him to the vet today and he is approx. 8 months old, has the CUTEST underbite/crooked teeth, heartworm free (surprisingly) and is very underweight. He's going to be a big boy though, he's 53 lbs now and emaciated. He got vaccinated and sent home! She said he did great last night and has fit in wonderfully in their home. I am beyond ecstatic that this sweet boy got a good home!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs