Beautiful adoptable bullies! (NovA, MD, DC Area)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Beautiful adoptable bullies! (NovA, MD, DC Area)

Postby Sweet72947 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:48 pm

Meet Minnie! She's about 34lbs, spayed, up to date on shots, maybe one to two years old, and very, very friendly! She seems to like other dogs, and can be cat-tested if necessary. Minnie has a lot of energy, and would do well with several walks and being able to run at least once a day. Minnie does not seem to have any training, and loves to THROW herself at you with joy and affection. Little children will be knocked over and slobbered to death, so a home with kids 10+ is reccomended. :)

Ozzie the American Bulldog! He was an owner-surrender. He's a big lug at about 80lbs, some of that fat. lol He is very friendly, wiggly, lived with another dog, has some basic commands under his belt, and listens fairly well (for a young bulldog :p). He's probably 8 months old. He is already neutered. I haven't looked at his paperwork, so I don't know all the details about him, but I can say that he's playful and bouncy and full of fun, fun fun, kinda like Tigger without the stripes! I'd imagine he's probably ok with kids, if anyone needs to know about that, I can check his paperwork.

Meet Karen, the possible bull terrier mix! Karen was surrendered from the same home as Ozzie. She's a bundle of energy, joy, and sweetness. She is spayed, up to date on shots, and seems to do well with other dogs. She would do well with an owner who likes to be outside, hiking or playing ball or whatever the owner would want to do! Karen would also likely excell at agility or flyball or anything someone wanted to train her in! She is a bit jumpy and mouthy, so I wouldn't recommend her to a home with small children.

Meet Lolo! I think she looks like a boxer/APBT mix perhaps. She's smart as a whip, and knows just how to win you over with that sad, droopy face of hers. Lolo will need a firm and consistent handler as she is a bit of a brat, and will push you to try to get her way. Lolo is fairly active and will need a good run once a day plus a few walks here and there to get all that energy out! Some good training and work for her brain wouldn't hurt either. I would not recommend Lolo to home with small children, as she is jumpy and mouthy. Lolo doesn't particularly seem to care about other dogs, I would only place her with a compatible male. Lolo can be cat-tested if necessary.

And lastly, but certainly not least, meet Eva the APBT! She was pulled from a kill-shelter, and fostered for a short period of time because it was thought she might be pregnant. Thankfully she was not, and has now been spayed. Eva gets along well with other dogs, LOVES little children, and is very friendly with everyone. I think she did well with cats too, but I'm not positive, I could check on that if needed. And just look at those ears! Who wouldn't want an Eva?

The Terrier stink-eye. "Why r u playing with flashy box and not lavishing me with affection??"
Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Re: Beautiful adoptable bullies! (NovA, MD, DC Area)

Postby PitBull-Lady » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:36 pm

are these guys at the shelter? or at a rescue group?
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovetyson » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Omg Eva!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Beautiful!
And the brindleing on the first dog was awesome!

Good luck to all of them!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Sweet72947 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:27 pm

PitBull-Lady wrote:are these guys at the shelter? or at a rescue group?

It is a rescue shelter. So technically they are at a shelter, but it is no-kill, so they are in no danger of being put down.

I realize I forgot to put the link for the rescue in this post. It is http://www.foha.org
Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby dogs4jen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:47 pm

I :inlove: all of them!
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby RescueAPBT » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:10 am

I LOVE Eva!!! I hope she gets adopted soon.
RescueAPBT
Matured Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs