"Tomorrow" needs a home today

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby pacopoe » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:52 pm

We've got ourselves a foster project. She's pretty awesome and will make a great dog for somebody. Her only glaring issue is that she's in an awkward growth stage and she's currently got a pinhead and her back end is taller than her front. She also likes to give kisses so will have to learn to wait until instructed to do so instead of just jumping up and doing it on her own. She's fine with people, dogs of all sizes, kids, etc.

She is a nice, nice dog who got dealt a crappy situation (someone bought her from a BYB friend then proceeded to get thrown in jail on a 4th DUI charge, family is losing the house, etc etc.) so we're working on making it right.

http://pacocollars.com/2011/04/24/tomorrow-needs-a-home-today/

Tomorrow needs a home today!

Meet “Tomorrow,” the latest Paco Collars foster project. She’s a blue-brindle 4 month old pit mix girl with the most stunning eyes. She’s super into people, very appropriate with dogs of all sizes, not mouthy at all, quick to learn, and sweet as a bug.

She came to us through an acquaintance of the extended Paco Collars family. Since one of our own took great pains to make sure she was properly socialized and trained from a young age despite her being someone else’s dog, we couldn’t just let her get dumped at the shelter when the owner (thankfully) realized a new home was best for her.

The good news is that she’s an easy, young dog who has made herself right at home with the rest of the crew.

She will be spayed shortly, after which she’ll be ready to go to a new home. She’s easy enough for a first time dog owner who has done their research and is ready to take the plunge, or as an addition to a social pack. She’ll most likely end up being in the 60 lb range with a taller, leaner figure. We’re working on basic obedience, crate training, potty training, and socialization.

If you’re interested in adding this beauty to your life, read up on responsible ownership (http://badrap.org/rescue/responsible.html) and contact us at info@pacocollars.com. We’ll be screening with application, home check, and references so be prepared to supply those.

We want to get this girl in her new home soon so someone can enjoy her puppyhood… right now we’re hogging it and enjoying every minute!

p.s. oh yeah, she comes with a free Paco Collar ;)
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Re: "Tomorrow" needs a home today

Postby MissKitty » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:14 pm

Oh my goodness!
You have no idea how badly I wish I was in a stable place and ready for a second dog. She looks like my perfect next dog!
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Adrianne » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Lmao @ free collar with dog :-P
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby nsbullylover » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:27 am

I saw some pictures of her on your Paco Collars Facebook page...she's gorgeous! Hopefully she finds that perfect home soon.
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby highflyergirl19 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:46 pm

She is such a cutie! I would apply for her in a heartbeat if I lived closer and had the room for her! Good luck, Tomorrow!
highflyergirl19
Adolescent Bully

Postby pacopoe » Sat May 07, 2011 11:44 am

Update: Tomorrow has a meet and greet this upcoming Tuesday! It's a great home and looks promising, but if for some reason it doesn't work out there are two more homes in line that also look pretty darn good. For a while she had no good prospects, then all three came at once and they all seem great so we're just going in order of interest.

The $100 adoption fee will go to Berkeley Animal Care Services since they covered the cost of her spay.

Tomorrow's future is looking bright! :peace:
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby Red » Sun May 08, 2011 12:18 am

Good to hear.Let's hope for a super forever home.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Fri May 13, 2011 10:53 pm

Paws crossed Ana!!
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby pacopoe » Wed May 25, 2011 11:21 am

Update, none of Tomorrow's prospects panned out, so she's still looking. She's now 5 months old but hasn't grown much and her manners are getting better by the day. She will be an awesome dog for the right person!
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby DogNerd » Wed May 25, 2011 11:40 am

I just saw her listed on craigslist and was wondering what happened. Looks like she has a new name now too. I hope something pans out for her soon - it seems like she has already been bounced around quite a bit for such a youngster. If we get anyone looking for a nice little girl, we will pass them your way. She sounds really adoptable.
DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pacopoe » Wed May 25, 2011 11:55 am

That would be great, she really is quite an adaptable and adoptable dog. Her current foster home was working quite hard to keep her, but the landlord finally put his foot down and, in the meantime, the other prospects vanished (or, in the case of one, impulse-acquired another puppy). She really deserves to get into a permanent situation sooner rather than later, so we're doubling up our efforts. She's good with kids, can get along with dogs, is beginning nosework classes... she's kind of a catch!
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby Kingsgurl » Wed May 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Ana- do you have any videos of her? That's what sold people on Doc. Every single app I got told me it was something in the video that attracted them to him. (I usually ask applicants what attracted them to THIS dog out of all the ones out there, it gives me a better idea on what to make sure I try to include in future dogs ads!) I think short vids really help people see a dog/puppies personality more. PetFinder allows you to attach a short vid.
Where is she now?
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Sat May 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Keep me posted on how Alex works out! I think they are a great match!
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby pacopoe » Mon May 30, 2011 12:06 am

Don't want to jinx it but since the new home (Alex) has already solidified the exact time he's picking her up tomorrow, I think it's safe to say that Tomorrow has a new home! :peace:

Thanks so much Kingsgurl for recommending such a great home. I do think it's going to be a great match and he's got some great resources at his disposal. It's refreshing to see someone who is so open to learning and wants to (and does) do things by the book. She will be in great hands.
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby nsbullylover » Mon May 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Hooray for Tomorrow!

Hopefully her new owner will join the forum and keep us updated on her :)
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs