Hooch, bulldog/mastiff mix sweetie! (Nova, DC, MD area)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Hooch, bulldog/mastiff mix sweetie! (Nova, DC, MD area)

Postby Sweet72947 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Introducing Hooch! He's a big silly boy who got loose one too many times and ended up at the pound one too many times (3) and the third time, his owner decided not to bail him out again. Hooch theorized to be an American bulldog/dogue de bordeaux (French mastiff) mix. He loves his kong toy, and will hold it in his mouth and bark at you at the same time, which means his bark comes out sounding like "muff muff muff". He likes to play, and sometimes can be a little overexitable and rough, so small children are not recommended. So far I haven't seen any DA from him. Placing him with a compatible female would likely work out fine, but I would hesitate placing him with another male, since he is young and DDB are known to be same-sex aggressive sometimes once they mature. He's a great dog though for those who understand and love bulldog/mastiff peculiarities. :) Hooch can be cat-tested if necessary. www.foha.org for more info!

Hooch finds being ignored very offensive. This is his "WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING WITH ME?" face.

Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Re: Hooch, bulldog/mastiff mix sweetie! (Nova, DC, MD area)

Postby RescueAPBT » Sat May 07, 2011 9:50 am

:inlove: I LOVE Hooch! His wrinkly face does remind me of a Dogue. I wish I was in the market for another dog. I loooove Dogue De Bordeauxs, and hope to get one once I purchase a house someday. I hope he finds a great adopter!
RescueAPBT
Matured Bully

Postby WGPKlaus » Mon May 09, 2011 8:20 am

What a handsome fella! ashamed he's not a female ;) , as he/she would be a perfect friend for my boy. I would think you wouldn't have any trouble placing him, or at least I hope that's the case.
WGPKlaus
Super Bully

Postby Cat24 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:44 am

:inlove: If only... :inlove:
Cat24
Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs