Pit Bull Rescue in Calgary, Alberta?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Pit Bull Rescue in Calgary, Alberta?

Postby MarMar » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:05 am

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a rescue as a favour for a friend who knows someone who is looking for a dog. She would like to guide him to a reputable rescue which can accommodate a first time owner and provides follow up advice from a positive training standpoint. In or near Calgary, Alberta. Thanks!!
MarMar
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Pit Bull Rescue in Calgary, Alberta?

Postby Leah » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:59 pm

I had a positive experience adopting from Pit Bulls for Life. Also, Bilinda Wagner of the Edmonton Humane Society is a huge pit bull advocate and involved in providing breed-specific training on site including obedience, reactive dog classes and CGN certification.
Leah
Newborn Bully

Postby MarMar » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks Leah, I will pass that info along.
MarMar
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:21 am

Calgary is so logical when it comes to dog ownership it's amazing. Their goal is to have no more homeless pets in 5 years, achieved through education people on responsible ownership, not euthanasia. If Dalton gets reelected here, we may just head west.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Munkos » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:52 am

Pit bulls for life, for sure. We haven't adopted through them, but I have been in contact with them about fostering in the future and they seem like a great organisation! They have a great foster to adopt program where you can foster a few dogs until you find the right one - might be a great idea for a first time owner to get to experience various dogs from the breed until they find one that fits just right!
Munkos
Super Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs