Sweet Mississippi dog needs rescue! Transport possible!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Sweet Mississippi dog needs rescue! Transport possible!

Postby Krys » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Passing this along for a friend. This poor girl looks so beaten down and tired, she deserves a break. Her story is so similar to Moo's it's breaking my heart.

This dog is in Northern MS. Transportation can be arranged.

From: Mary Anne Doolittle Byrne [mailto:mad6819@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:26 AM
Subject: Lilly - Nesbit, MS - Four year old Pit Bull/mix was granted one more week.

By the grace of God and very tender hearted shelter workers, this sweet girl, (I now call Lilly) has gotten one more week. She has been scheduled to be put down for three weeks, but for some reason she keeps being kept alive. I have exhausted all my resources and I am begging for help for this beautiful dog.

Lilly is a four year old, 80 pound pit bull or pit bull mix. She is brindle and white in color. All her life she has been used for breeding and when her owner did not need her anymore he dumped her at the shelter. Lilly is very scared and a little shy. She loves attention and is friendly. If you know of anyone who can give her the home she deserves, I will pay to have Lilly spayed and her initial vetting. She is HW positive and I will pay for her treatments. I will help as much as I can to have her transported. This is her last week to be given a pardon.

Please post and cross post. If you know of anyone interested in saving Lilly, PLEASE contact me via email at mad6819@yahoo.com ASAP. Thank you so much.

Krys
Newborn Bully

Re: Sweet Mississippi dog needs rescue! Transport possible!

Postby Krys » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Oops, just realized the dogs need to be vouched for personally. No idea how to delete this myself - sorry mods. :oops:
Krys
Newborn Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:02 pm

:( I hate that BS about having to vouch for a dog in person, Nesbit is a LONG drive from here and I think their rule is that the adopter has to be the one who picks up the dog. I hope that she will be pardoned.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Krys » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:11 pm

I can understand why they have that rule in place; otherwise the forum might be flooded with the hundreds of rescues that scroll across facebook & other dog communities hourly, and you wouldn't want a situation where someone drove hours to rescue a dog only to find out it was NOT as advertised. It sucks because it does limit the number of dogs who can receive exposure here, but I get it.

If you're interested in her, definitely contact the person in the post! She'd probably be able to pull her for you & there are lots of people interested in doing a transport for this girl!
Krys
Newborn Bully

Postby Krys » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:38 pm

Update: Lilly has been pulled by a rescue! :)
Krys
Newborn Bully

Postby Libby » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:47 pm

I'm so happy to read she was pulled.

Those pictures were breaking my heart.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs