Free Kittens wilson nc

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Free Kittens wilson nc

Postby Courtneyd137 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:45 pm

thank you for understanding and i know animal control came and picked up some kittens in the past they said they wont allowed to touch them or set traps for the aldult cats
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Postby Courtneyd137 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:07 pm

We took the kittens to the shelter they said they will be put down which sucks cz 1 was so sweet she loved people they dont have a vet and dont treat sick animals :(
Courtneyd137
Adolescent Bully

Free Kittens wilson nc

Postby nsbullylover » Tue May 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Courtneyd137 wrote:We took the kittens to the shelter they said they will be put down which sucks cz 1 was so sweet she loved people they dont have a vet and dont treat sick animals :(

Thank you. Euthanasia is sad, but as someone who is involved in stray/feral cat rescue, I can assure you there are much worse things that could happen to these kittens than a humane death.
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Mooresmajestic » Thu May 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Alley Cat Allies is a national organization that helps areas find solutions to their feral cat problem. Check them out. Maybe with their help you could get your city/county to help.
http://www.alleycat.org

For example: the spay/neuter clinic I work at has a "deal" with Oakland County. As long as the cat lives in the county, they fund the majority of the s/n cost. Feral cats in this county can be altered, Rabies vaccinated and ear tipped (for identification) for $10 per cat the "caretaker" brings to us. The city of Southfield went one step further and will reimburse the caretaker the $10 they spent if they bring in our receipt. And if I'm not mistaken, Alley Cats helped us make this happen.

Another site with good info (I know they are in MI) and worth reading is http://www.carolsferals.org/

I know its hard taking anything to a shelter, but think on this...
If any of those kittens were female, they would have been pregnant before this summer was over. And in all likelihood, the mother of the litter you had to surrender is pregnant again. Cats can get pregnant as early as 4 months, and can have between 3-4 litters a year. I'm not making this up, I have seen these very things first hand and frequently. 1 female cat can be responsible for (through her own and her offspring and her offspring's offspring) AT LEAST 90 more cats PER YEAR.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Previous

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs