Dog Needs Help

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Dog Needs Help

Postby SuicideAnonymous » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:26 pm

I have a neighbor up the street who has a pit bull.... the dog officially belongs to the 20 year old kid who moved out a couple of months ago and left the dog there... his mother was taking care of the dog, but she and her boyfriend broke up about two weeks ago, and she moved out, leaving the dog with her now ex-boyfriend. He doesn't want the dog, doesn't have the time or motivation to take care of it, and doesn't really want anything to do with him....

the dog isn't in the best shape, they've never really taken very good care of him to begin with... he has a lot of skin problems and has lost the majority of hair on his backside... he absolutely adores his 'people' but has been known to get aggressive with others... he's fine with 'his dogs' but he's been known to get in a few fights with unknown dogs...

he's mostly trained, house trained, knows simple commands.... he's not fixed...
I don't really want to see him put down, though I must admit that might possibly be the best thing for him.... i don't know... I love the hell out of him, he's an absolutely sweetheart in the right environment, though I will admit that he can be a bit unstable with people who aren't familiar with him.... and he hasn't always been treated the best...I would love to take him into my home but we're only allowed two animals here, and I already have two dogs and two cats... plus we have BSL here and aren't supposed to have pit bulls in the first place... I can't really afford to take him to the vet, unless there is a VERY cheap vet service around here that I could take him to.... I told them about a $5 neuter/spay program in the area a couple of months ago but they never took him down there... but I know I just don't have the $200-$300 it would take for his exam and shots and lab tests and whatever meds he'll need...

I don't know any rescues in the area, around Seattle, if anyone could point me to some I could attempt to contact some of them... I don't particuarly want to send him to the pound, they'll euthanize him immediately with the condition he's in...although, again, that unfortunately might be the best solution for him...
I just hate to see him put down, I love the dog to death, I've known him since he was a puppy and he adores me and my dogs and my cats.... But I just can't take him in where I'm at... he needs a steady home with good people who will be able to give him a healthy environment and help him with his behavior problems...
SuicideAnonymous
Newborn Bully

Re: Dog Needs Help

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:29 am

PM Stormi, I think she is in the Seattle area. Maybe she has some resources.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby SuicideAnonymous » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Will do, as soon as I find her, haha

Thank you :)
SuicideAnonymous
Newborn Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:34 am

Just go to your "Messages" and type in Stormi and then also Nichole and try Sarah as well (those are their user names so the messages should go directly into their Inbox. You could also repost this dog with "Seattle Area" in the Subject line. Good luck and thank you for wanting to help this pup.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs