Betsy

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Betsy

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:23 pm

She's being fostered by a friend in Raleigh NC. I'll ask around and see if there are any Therapy groups there that might be interested. I have found though that a lot of people looking for therapy dogs steer clear of this breed or want to start with a puppy.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Re: Betsy

Postby heartbullies » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 pm

We just found a great family home for a sweet sweet easy pit mix girlie at my work. They came in looking at dogs and knew they didn't want a tiny dog or a "crazy pit bull," but she won them over just being soft and gentle and herself. It happens, it just took a while. Plus she was sort of a "plain brown wrapper" dog though these people immediately saw her lovely expression and recognized her beauty. :) Hooooray!

It'll happen! Betsy sounds so lovely. I agree, asking around for Therapy Dog folks is a good idea. Do you have any rescues there that specialize in "family dogs"? We have a couple here that always/only pull dogs of any breed that are great with kids, and they often help by listing dogs they've met.

Adoption fairs? Do the pet stores have times she can go work her magic in person & meet admirers/potential adopters? Community "walks" or fairs are a big one too, we just brought a few of our most easy-going dogs out to a big street fair booth (we don't do on-site adoptions) and it led to a couple good adoptions and some great photo opps for other dogs. Sorry if these seem redundant or obvious, just sorta brainstorming....

Are there any good dog training places nearby? Maybe someone who already has a dog and is invested in training their dog (ie an above-average owner) might be looking for a second dog? Same with vet offices or popular dog-running trails. If there are cute posters up in places where people who love dogs go, people who are already doing dog stuff and being good owners, maybe that could get some nice leads?

She sounds so awesome.

Oh! Videos are great too. Maybe one of a little girl painting Betsy's nails, or of her snuggled up with a person reading, something to really make people visualize her living in their own home and as part of their own family.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
heartbullies
Regulator

Previous

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs