Coal needs a forever or a foster home. Southern CA

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Coal needs a forever or a foster home. Southern CA

Postby ReddyRoo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi,

My name is Jennifer and about 3 months ago I saw an add on Craigslist from a Rescue Group saying they needed volunteers to walk dogs. I responded to the add and started helping with adoption events on the weekend and then started going to the boarding facility daily to walk Coal.

Coal was a stray who they pulled from Devore and he was emancipated when they got him. He went to a boarding facility in Temecula for the first month where the lady who ran the place fed him too much and he was extremely overweight. For the first month he was in Costa Mesa he didn't get out for walks that much but now he is and he is losing weight and looking good!

They moved him down to a boarding facility in Costa Mesa and thats when I met and fell in love with this big beautiful boy! He is around 2 or 3 years old and does get along with other dogs although he does have some issues with other dogs if toys are around.

He hasn't been tested with cats but the other day when I walked him we saw a cat and he wanted to chase it. If we walk by other dogs even if they are barking at him he ignores them. He does need some training he seems to only know sit. I started bringing some cut up chicken on our walks and was going to try to teach him down and stay just some basic stuff to make him more adoptable but he isn't very food motivated.

He is very toy motivated though. This week I started taking him to fenced in tennis courts and throwing the ball for him because walking him just didnt seem to burn off any of his energy and he will chase the ball for hours. I was trying to teach him to give me the ball by offering him chicken and he wouldnt give up the ball so then I tried bacon he still would not give up the ball. The only thing that works is having two balls he will give up one ball for the other.

I think he would be great if someone was looking for a dog to train for agility or any other sport.

I really can't say enough about him he is just so cute and goofy! Last night when I was walking him he had his head under someones white picket fence trying to steal their soccer ball and then every pumpkin we walked past he would get all excited thinking it was a ball.

He also loves going for rides in the car. Whenever we are walking and he sees a car with the window open he tries to jump in.

He has been at this boarding facility for a few months now and really needs a home or even a foster home. Even though he has been there so long he is extremely well behaved, the kennel manager at the boarding facility says that he is the only dog there that doesn't fence fight with the other dogs he could care less.

I am having trouble with my cellphone so I can't get the pictures and video I have of him to upload but I will keep trying. You can also go to http://www.thelittlereddog.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.facebook.com/thelittlereddoginc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and look for Coal on their websites.

I am picking him up for an adoption event we are having at the Petsmart in Lake Forest on Sunday if anyone is interested in coming down to meet him in person. We will be there from 11-230.

Oh and I forgot to mention he does like kids he has been around my 5 year old and other kids, its sad when we are out walking he gets all wiggly and wants to say hi to everyone and most people are afraid of him. He does have a tendency to get a little excited and jump up but if happens to accidentally knock you over he will just pin you down and give you big slobbery kisses all over your face. He has done this to me several times now when I've sat down next to him after our walks to pet him, and I don't let him know but I love his big slobbery kisses.

I hate taking him back to this boarding facility when we are done walking it breaks my heart to see such a sweet loving dog that has so much potential if he got into a foster or forever home, sitting in a cage.

Thank you so much for reading this and if you have any questions feel free to contact me or if you want to meet him before sunday I can meet you somewhere with him!

He is of course neutered and up to date with vaccinations and flea and heartworm treatment and he is microchipped.
ReddyRoo
Newborn Bully

Re: Coal needs a forever or a foster home. Southern CA

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:30 pm

He's a really cute Am Bully lookin guy! Good luck finding him a home...he's handsome!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Coal is still looking for a foster or forever home

Postby ReddyRoo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi everyone,

Coal is still looking for a foster or forever home. He has been boarding at a kennel for over a year now and really needs to get out. If you would like to meet him or know more about him please feel free to message me.

He will be at an adoption event this weekend in Southern California Im not sure of the location yet but will post it at the end of this week.

Here are some pictures of the handsome boy!

This is his shelter picture before The Little Red Dog rescued him

Thank you

Jennifer
ReddyRoo
Newborn Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 pm

He's gorgeous!!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ReddyRoo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Coal is still looking for a foster or forever home! If you would like to meet him he will be at the Petsmart in Lake Forest on El Toro Road from 11am to 3pm!
ReddyRoo
Newborn Bully

Coal found a foster home!

Postby ReddyRoo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know Coal found a foster home with a really nice newlywed couple! They are picking him up from the kennel at 430 today and they are going to adopt him if everything works out! I'm so happy for him!
ReddyRoo
Newborn Bully

Postby dogs4jen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:17 pm

:yipee:
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs