Hi, I'm Chili

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Hi, I'm Chili

Postby MarshallGibson » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Hello everyone,

Well I do not know where to start, 3 or so months ago Chili came into our lives, my fiancee, my son and I got along with Chili, we became attached to her, but her attachment to us was stronger towards me. She has to be in the same room wherever I go, sometimes she has to be touching me in some sort of way when she's lounging.

Her story:

Chili is 9 going on 10 months old, a friend of my gf saw a car pull stop in the middle of the freeway and let her out and drove off. We got word of that and I never in my wildest dream would've thought of ever having a pit bull as part of the family. I fact I feared the pb like a little girl, and as I read on them I fell in love with the breed.

Chili arrived, nameless and with special needs, I figured out that she's partially or as I like to call it "SELECTIVELY" deaf :). She was untrained and not house broken and I helped her acheive that in a 1 weeks time. Then I found out her second special need aside from the hearing issue. Her separation anxiety, she dislikes her crate, I have spent numerous hrs trying to make her feel comfortable with it because I do not trust her loose in the house, and needless to say, she has broken out ouf her cage.

Chili is not an aggresive dog, in fact she is very playful, energetic and strong. When we play tug of war with her rope she always wins but when I wanna win I give her the "enuff" command and tada! I win hahaha.

She hates being by herself, but she is very gentle and loving.

Now for the bad news:

I recently have found a job about an hr away from home (one way) and that requires me to do OT like the world was ending tomorrow and my gf works about 16 hrs a day for the most part, wich means that Chili has being spending some time alone and I really dislike that.

Your part:

As much as this is killing me inside I have to look out for the well being of my dog and I am asking anyone that loves pbs to please help me find her a forever home. She can handle a few hrs of being alone tops but no more.

She is house broken, and trained with hand comands. She is loyal, loves cuddling, playing tug'o war and running her little tail off out in the back yard.

If anyone is interested in her please feel free to contact me, I will give her all her belongings and whatever food I have left at the time.

Please help her, all I ask for is for updates maybe once a month via email and your information. She needs to go to a forever home where she doesn't feel alone like she's being lately.

She has her rabies shot and distemper.
MarshallGibson
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi, I'm Chili

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Please read our forum rules at the top. Owner surrenders are not allowed here. We promote responsible pet ownership here. If you wish to get advice on how to deal with her issues and your schedule, we would be more than happy to help. Many of us here have dogs with SA (separation anxiety) and work as well. At PBF we would like to help you deal with your situation than to push her off onto someone else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2 [url='http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10']now Free[/url]
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby MarshallGibson » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Ok well thank you, I'm not just pushing her off because of it, the reason I am at this cross roads is because there is no one home for at least 18 hrs and she has to spend it crated, THAT is the main reason. But thank you anyway.
MarshallGibson
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Have you looked into a dog walker? Many of us that work long hours use a dog walker, family member, or friend to help so they aren't crated/alone so long. Doggy day cares also work for some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2 [url='http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10']now Free[/url]
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs