Pit Mix Puppies available soon in Indiana

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Pit Mix Puppies available soon in Indiana

Postby twiseowl » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:12 pm

Hi all. I just picked up a nice full blooded pit bull and her 8 4 week old pups. I'm hoping to keep her if she can get along with my dogs, but the puppies will have to be found homes soon! The father is supposedly an Olde English Bulldogge, but it also could have been the beagle mix from down the road. :roll:

The people I got Gabby from were keeping her for a friend who was supposed to be moving. 6 months later, he tells them they can have her! She was being kept outside, and of course they didn't notice she was in heat till their Bulldogge tried to get her.

They advertised her free on my local website, and I responded. They didn't tell me till later she was pregnant! It's taken me this long to get them, they were going to keep one and waiting till they got big enough, but decided not to.

Gabby is a real sweetheart, and the bulldogge was, too. He was just as kissy-faced as any pit bull I know!

I am going to adopt these guys out in a few weeks, once they have their shots and have been wormed (first thing, major pot-bellies going on!) I will want an application filled out, and require a s/n contract as well as an adoption fee (still not sure about that!) I don't have the money to do the s/n, we're barely scraping by right now as hubby's factory closed! But, I couldn't let them go to the local A/C, he would just put them to sleep. I wanted Gabby, been looking for a nice female, and in order to get her, I had to take them, too!

If you know of anyone who may be interested, please send them my way. Here are a couple of pics (what do you think they look like?):

Here is Gabby:

and the pups:

You can see more pics here:

http://groups.msn.com/TarasPets/gabbyandherpuppies.msnw?Page=1
twiseowl

Postby Annie » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:53 pm

So just as I'm within ten days of leaving Indiana, suddenly it's the hot spot for wonderful adoptable pit bulls. Just my luck!

They're beautiful pups (Gabby looks sweet too) and I wish all the best to you and to them.
Annie
Newborn Bully

Postby HugABull1 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:33 pm

AWWWWW!!! look at those little smooshy-faced babies! It's kind of young to tell, but a few of them definitely look like they could have bull dog in them to me. The mother is beautiful btw. So what do Chopper and Jesse think? I bet your daughter loves having all the pups around! Good luck adopting all those babies out, and good for you for saving them!
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Postby twiseowl » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:19 pm

I may need good luck, finding good homes for 8 mixed breed pups!!

They are in our barn for now, no room in our tiny house for them, so Tori hasn't seen them yet.

Chopper and Gabby have had "words" when he was on his cable, just barking at each other. She's protecting her pups, I'm sure. I hope once they get older and gone, she can get along with him.

She's supposedly housebroken, but when I was there, there "housebroken" bulldogge lifted his leg on the furniture a couple of times! And, she's been on a chain for at least 6 months, and probably most of her life (she's only a year). They would let her in occasionally, but not much.

We lost Jesse last June, due to her epilepsy. The seizures never could be controlled with medicine, and they finally killed her. That's why I've been on the lookout for a female rescue of some sort, and Gabby fit the bill!

She's a real sweetheart. Jason went out alone to see them for the first time, and she had no problem with a total stranger picking the pups up. She just wanted to kiss him! Typical pit bull attitude. She's a small girl, too. Chopper is about 65# and I think 21" at the shoulder. She's nowhere near as tall as him. Have no idea what she'll weigh, but she only weighs about 30 - 35# right now! I've had to pick her up a couple of times, and not had a problem lifting her!

It's funny, she's very sweet and so was the bulldogge - he greeted me at the door with a wiggling butt and stub (docked tail), not even a bark, and loved on me the whole time I was there. On the other hand, the beagle that hangs around (and could possibly be the father) barked and acted very unfriendly. She said he's a stray that showed up and she can't catch him or get rid of him, he just hangs around with her dogs. So much for stereotypes!! They also have a lab mix that runs with the beagle, another supposed stray, that was very fearful, acted like it would bite if cornered. Figures, huh?
twiseowl

New pics

Postby twiseowl » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:35 am

I took a bunch of new pics of the puppies today.

Here is one group shot:

If you want to see more, go to:
http://groups.msn.com/TarasPets/puppies5weeks.msnw
There are 2 pages of them!
twiseowl

New pics

Postby twiseowl » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:38 am

Took a bunch more pics yesterday. Also wormed the pups again and Gabby too. She's gained a lot of weight, looks much better. And they are growing like crazy!! I'm too tired tonight to post many, here's most of the pups in one pic:

And a couple of the others:

And Gabby:

To see more, go here:

http://groups.msn.com/TarasPets/gabbyspuppies6weeks.msnw[/url]
twiseowl

I wish I had space!

Postby jmann4 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:33 am

God I wish I had more space. I would love to have one of those pups.

However, I can keep my ear to the ground for possible homes for those litle tikes.

Great looking dogs!

Jason
jmann4

Postby sashagirl » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:35 am

They are just too adorabale... :inlove:
sashagirl

Postby wndrtwns04 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:49 pm

Could the lab mix be the father? Cute babies!
wndrtwns04

Postby twiseowl » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:53 pm

I think the lab mix is a male, too, so yes, he could possibly be the dad. I think a few look beagle-ish (the spotted one and the 2 with dark sableing on them), but who knows. Could be all 3 - she was tied out at the time, and they were too stupid to realize she was in heat. or care. And she could have concieved by any or all 3 males, so it could be a mixed batch. There is a large size difference in them - small female is 7#, largest male is 8 1/2#.

The pups are 7 weeks old today, and I have a deposit on one male. Gabby has pretty much weaned them, and she's shrinking lots. Looking better, too, without all that sag!

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense of repeats stuff I've already posted, I've got the flu and am on drugs for it!! :\ Gotta go sleep now, hope it helps. Thank goodness my hubby doesn't have it yet, cause Tori does and he's helping lots with her.
twiseowl

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs