SUPER URGENT, MI. I can transport her to around the GR area

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

SUPER URGENT, MI. I can transport her to around the GR area

Postby ShadowWolf » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:34 pm

Koni
Dog
Pit Bull Terrier

Size: Large
Sex: Female
I.D:

Notes: Koni might look intimidating but she is all heart. She doesn't mind walking on a leash and loves to be cuddled. She is a great girl about two years old. She doesn't seem to mind other dogs. Koni is not a very jumpy or aggressive dog . She is in desperate need of a loving home. If you can help her please come to the pound between 1-3 pm Tuesday thru Friday. Last Day: Friday 6/03/05
Lincoln Park Animal Shelter
Lincoln Park, MI
Please e-mail: beagle_mom_1228@yahoo.com

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:06 pm

why do I think this is aimed at Salaival or I ?? :sad:
poor girl.. she looks so sweet..
argh.
so many..
so few places to take them in..

:sad: :sad:

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:11 pm

I did send out a few messages to at least one person i know who has become an advocate for pitties.

**fingers crossed**

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:28 pm

Thank you so much! Basically, it's 2 hours in any direction. I figured GR would be a good place to start. lol. Besides, I trust you guys and your idea for adopters.

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:32 pm

You DID notice our dogs dont seem to be going anywhere..??l o l .
Adopters ??
looks around her hair ridden house ... not to mention the coffee filter a certain someone shred all over with the grounds (waiting for them to dry
so I can vacumn them up)..
((how can anything make such a mess why I PIDDLED ???))

But glad you think well enough of us. :))

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:43 pm

LMAO! Our lab/pit mix who was SUPPOSED to be a FOSTER (until my dad...god...my dad and his lab fetish. lol ) did that. She's moved on to shoes. Little hellion. I know how it goes!

Heck, as long as the foster is good, I'll take 'em there within reason. I hope, pray and work to get these darn dogs placed. Darn people and their need to create more inferior dogs that end up in shelters all for the sake of MONEY.

Salival
Super Bully

Postby Salival » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:38 pm

Sorry I did not get in until late :oops: I sent this out to Kim at Bellowood - the one with Marshall and the other bully fosters. I will let you know if she has an extra kennel available, but knowing the short notice it may not happen.

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:28 pm

I sent a call out to Suanne and talked to her on the phone. She is thinking about it..but has alot of dogs and fears it might be a barker , as she said she can touch her neighbors and is pushing her limit with four right now...

time is tickin.... we can do what we can do.

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:26 am

They didn't even give her until today! :crybaby: They put her down YESTERDAY. God, I feel like a failure. If only I'd gotten this sooner!

Salival
Super Bully

Postby Salival » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:39 am

luvnstuff wrote:I sent a call out to Suanne and talked to her on the phone. She is thinking about it..but has alot of dogs and fears it might be a barker , as she said she can touch her neighbors and is pushing her limit with four right now...

I don't know how comfortable I would be with her taking a bully like this. No offense to her, but I would have to seriously spend some time with her and some bully breeds before I put one in her home. She is great with the other dog breeds and all but I believe if push came to shove I don't know if she could handle a breed like this.

Keep may have some terrier in him, but she has not experienced a true bulldog yet.

Amanda I am sorry to hear that :( Can't save them all and sadly there are too many. Hopefully the next one around can be pulled.

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:53 am

Hopefully. Keep those foster homes open. I'll be doing the same when we get a place big enough to handle two or three fosters. Uuuugh! This is why only select people should be breeding DOGS!

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:07 am

Salival wrote:
luvnstuff wrote:I sent a call out to Suanne and talked to her on the phone. She is thinking about it..but has alot of dogs and fears it might be a barker , as she said she can touch her neighbors and is pushing her limit with four right now...

I don't know how comfortable I would be with her taking a bully like this. No offense to her, but I would have to seriously spend some time with her and some bully breeds before I put one in her home. She is great with the other dog breeds and all but I believe if push came to shove I don't know if she could handle a breed like this.

Keep may have some terrier in him, but she has not experienced a true bulldog yet.

Amanda I am sorry to hear that :( Can't save them all and sadly there are too many. Hopefully the next one around can be pulled.

She said she had taken in some pits before... But I have to say she is convinced Keeper IS a pitbull.......(if she ever comes here we will have to erase this..l o l )
But I dont see alot of pit in Keeper, but maybe because I compare him to Scooter and other more "bully looking" dogs.
But too Keeper always has so much CLOTHES on and is pretty much a chubba bubba, so hard telling...
But she does love the breed, and wants to help the "fight" for them.

I had a feeling too if she did pull it, if (big if) any of our crews got adopted he probably would be coming to my house.or she..l o l.

As Grand Rapids is a MUCH better market for bullies..!

ah well,
we all tried.

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:31 am

*oops* :oops:
let me amend that statement
Grand Rapids is a much better market for bullies than Muskegon.
(that was what I meant..)

Salival
Super Bully

Postby Salival » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:16 am

luvnstuff wrote:She said she had taken in some pits before...

Don't get me wrong I know she is a great home and foster but with the pit bulls and bullies we need people that are experienced enough to put their emotions aside.

I don't think Sueanne could do that, at least not right now. She has always been passionate about saving the "underdog" but I think if it came down to a sound or unsound judgement, she would not be able to make the decision.

Kim at bellowood would make it in a heartbeat, and responsibly, but she too is overflowing :(

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”