Urgent pit in Southwest MO

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Scooch&Beau
Super Bully

Urgent pit in Southwest MO

Postby Scooch&Beau » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:02 pm

Meet Scooch......

We volunteer at the local Humane Society, and today my boyfriend went back to check the status on Scooch. After being neutered and held in a seperate room of the shelter, Scooch developed kennel cough which turned into an upper respiratory infection. The Humane Society couldn't afford the $30 office visit, so they decided to euthanize him instead of treat the infection. :roll: His leg was already shaved, he was totally prepped for the needle. Scooch was saved literally within MINUTES of euthanization.

Anyway, we can only foster him until he's recovered from the infection (about 2 weeks) The absolute last thing we want to do is take him back to the Humane Society, but that's really the only choice unless he gets adopted. He's such a good boy, he deserves the best.

His PBRC page is in the works, so I'll get the link up soon. If you know of anyone wanting to adopt, or even foster, please tell them about Scooch!

Devin
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Devin » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:53 pm

Awww don't take him back do anything but that. I live in Southeast Missouri and might be able to foster if needed. But I donno for sure that I could and I am sure that I live pretty far away from you. Anyways I am sure we can think of something but definately do not take him back.

Bowans_dad

Postby Bowans_dad » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:10 pm

Don't take him back...we live just south of the other guy.... :) And he's too sweet-looking. Age, how is he with other dogs, etc...?

Scooch&Beau
Super Bully

Postby Scooch&Beau » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:29 pm

Well, the agreement with the Humane Society is to bring him back healthy in 2 weeks. He's proving to be an awesome dog, so I'm sure we will figure something else out. That's the last place he needs to go, he was already there long enough.

According to the Humane Society he is a year old. We are thinking he is actually around 8-10 months. He's still relatively small, and still has the puppy look to him. He shouldn't get too much bigger.

He's extremely submissive, and as far as I know he does great with all dogs. We haven't personally tested him, but I know he'll do fine. At the Humane Society he shared a run with up to three other dogs at a time with no problems (they are so full it's sick!) I don't really see too much of a prey drive either, when we are in the backyard a few rabbits have hopped by and he didn't care at all. He was more scared than anything, he couldn't figure out what they were!

I'll keep everyone updated on what happens. His PBRC page isn't up yet, so when it is I will get the link spread around. Thanks for caring about Scooch, he's a wonderful dog :thumbsup:

Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Postby Contessa63 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:54 am

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: What a sweet boy! I hope he finds a great home

Scooch&Beau
Super Bully

Postby Scooch&Beau » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:51 am

Here is the link to Scooch's PBRC page:

http://www.pbrc.net/dogpages/north/urpN16149.html

If anyone is interested, please fill out the application on his page.

Scooch&Beau
Super Bully

Postby Scooch&Beau » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:37 pm

An update on Scooch....

We dropped him off at his (figers crossed) new dad's house this morning. We are doing a 2 week trial, but I'm sure it will turn into a permanent adoption. The guy seems to like Scooch a lot, and Scooch gets along fine with his 7 year old female great dane.

Finally a happy ending amongst all the sad ones :thumbsup:

I already miss the little guy though :crybaby:

Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Postby Contessa63 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:06 pm

:) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I hope it all works out for him! What a sweet guy! :inlove: :inlove:

saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby saturn2 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:30 am

Awwww ... he's gorgeous! Fingers and paws crossed here that the trial run quickly becomes his forever home.

~Sharon

amari_monet

Postby amari_monet » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:26 pm

Simply Beautiful.

ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby ripley6 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:41 am

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: What a beautiful guy! I hope everything works out!

:crybaby: I wish I could foster - but, for one, Pippa is very other-dog-aggro (go figure - the lab-x . . .) and so I'm not really sure how Bis would adjust either . . .

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”