Deployment

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
MiKaLa119

Deployment

Postby MiKaLa119 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:23 pm

I havent posted in a while because ive been on vacation, but when i got back to work i found out that ill probably be going on a deployment in january. I know its not for awhile but the first thing that came to mind was Lexus. Any military folks that have been on deployments? What did you do with your dog? I dont know whatll happen to me after the deployment. It should only be around 120 days, but im just concerned. Id like to keep her around the Boise area since ive paid a couple hundred dollars for a lifetime of obedience classes. But im worried about random people taking her. Also, I dont really want to give her to a military family (and thats all I know out here) because I wouldnt want the same thing to happen to her AGAIN... Any advice?

saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby saturn2 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am

There is an organization that will foster for military families when deployed and then you can have her back when you get back stateside:

Here it is:
https://www.netpets.org/netp/foster.php

NetPets.Org's
MilitaryPetsFOSTER Project
Keeping Love Waiting

A NationWide network of Individual Foster Homes that will house, nurture and care for the dogs, cats*, birds and other pets for all the Military and other personnel Only. (Foster: to give temporary nurture, care and shelter.)

~Sharon

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:59 am

Post this on the general part of the forum.Maybe there are members in your area who can help you out fostering the dog till you come back.
It would probably be the best option.No family members or friends who can look after the dog?

MiKaLa119

Postby MiKaLa119 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:37 am

My family lives in california and most of friends are also military. I want to keep her in a stable home in boise, so that she can continue with her obedience lessons. I dont know whats happening to me when i get back from deployment..... thansk for the advice though and ill post this again in the general section

ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby ripley6 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:17 pm

-update? *fingers crossed*

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”