Kaiya my APBT

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Kaiya my APBT

Postby kaiyasmom » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:46 pm

I am sad to say that due to a housing situation and baby on the way and an impending divorce I have to part with my sweet 4 year old American Pit Bull Terrier! I've done everything I can to keep here and it's no longer an option for me! It breaks my heart . . I love her so much and just want her to go to the best imaginable, it's break my heart to see her put to sleep because of her breed or just because she simply sat too long! She's a wonderful dog . . she has a great temperment and LOVE people (including children)!! She's gotten along well with other pet (of course that tends to depend on the other dog)! If you'd like more information or have any questions for me post them here or feel free to e-mail me! I am in Mechanicsburg Pa . . . and obviously couldn't make it real far to take her but I would be willing/able to arrange a short trip!

Downloading pictures now . . . will have them up ASAP![/img]
kaiyasmom

Postby kaiyasmom » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:36 pm

kaiyasmom

Postby Spurby » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:57 pm

Wow, sounds like you have a lot going on in your life right now, sorry to hear this. I currently am going through a diffcult time myself, had to move out suddenly, broke up with my live-in BF, and i had to move into a one bedroom apartment with my dog and three cats, with my sister and her dog!! The thing is, you can find a way to keep your dog and your sanity at the same time :) Finding a new home for your dog will be MUCH harder than finding a place to live with your dog. Having a baby and keeping your dog is of course very possible as well. Things may be tough at first, but well worth the effort keeping your dog with you, her family.

If you must rehome her, then please keep her until you find a suitable home, that is the very least you can do. You can place her on PBRC, and you can also try to contact any area rescues to see if they can help you with finding a home, they will expect you to keep your dog while searching for the right home.

Good Luck
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kaiyasmom » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:26 pm

My husband and I have been living with relatives for almost a year to try and keep her!! We are to the point now where it's no longer a possiblity! We've looked everywhere and we FINALLY found a place that will allow us to move our mobile home in and that we can afford!! I am hoping that if I can just get my husband into a new home he won't leave me! I have a "foster" home that she can stay in until I find her a forever home . . I am working as hard as I can and being as careful as I can . . promise! Thanks for the advice/concern!!
kaiyasmom

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs