APBT to be rehomed in Oz

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

APBT to be rehomed in Oz

Postby cycobully » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:28 am

Are there any Australian members on this forum, aside from myself?

I know an APBT named Charlie who needs a new home. He currently lives with my friend who is a bull terrier breeder. Her kennels are already full and she really doesn't have the room for him.

He was a rescue in the first place, so I don't know his background. Like a lot of pits, he needs to be strictly segragated from other dogs. He scaled a very high dividing wall several months ago, and gave the neighbouring bull terrier a pretty serious mauling.

I'm sad to say that he is also a little anti-social around some people. He seems to find strangers threatening. Whilst I hate to see this temperament in a bull breed (it's just not natural!) I don't know what's happened to him to make him like this. He also seems to have quite a level of separation anxiety and he cries very loudly.

He needs a very experienced, understanding home with excellent housing and management, and lots of interaction with his owner. Otherwise, the only option is for him to be put to sleep as he would be a disaster in the hands of the average Joe Public.

I personally wouldn't be willing to take this dog on, admittedly. But other people might be better equipped to deal with a problem dog than me.
cycobully

Postby cycobully » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:23 am

Sad to report, Charlie was destroyed last week. :sad:
cycobully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs