NJ Pitbulls at shelter need adopting

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

NJ Pitbulls at shelter need adopting

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:00 am

If anyone is looking to adopt, please read and crosspost the below:
Subject: NJ shelter asks for help please crosspost widely! Pitbulls desperate!!!

Bloomfield Animal Shelter
973-680-4135
973-418-2913
NJ SHELTER NEEDS HELP ASAP!!! PLEASE READ......
PLEASE CROSSPOST!!!!

Hi;
My name is Nancy Thompson, I am one of the animal control officers/cruelty investigators for a few towns in essex county nj, We currently have at our shelter several pits, and pit mixes and American Bulldogs mixes at the shelter, of all ages, we have spayed and neutered, and microchipped most of them, ranging in ages from 8 months to 2-3 years. Our shelter is now well over capacity and no adoptions in weeks and, we have no cages available for surrenders, impounds or strays and we will have to euthanize between 10 and 15 of these dogs to get the place more manageable. I know it's a lot to ask and Maryellen sent me the list of rescues to contact. I am sick over the thought of losing any of these dogs, not 1 of them is agressive with food, people or other dogs, they are sweet and all well behaved, I need any help I can get right now,its a matter of days till the euthanizing starts! Tomorrow may be too late for some of them. We are a no-kill shelter, but thats provided we have room, we are now 16 dogs over the limit we should have, so many are suffering in small cages with no room to even sleep in peace, please advice me if there is something someone out there can do fast to save even 1 of these guys, I have been told most rescues do nothing, I refuse to believe this, thanks in advance,

Nancy Thompson, ACO/ACI
Bloomfield Animal Shelter
973-680-4135
973-418-2913
Maryellen

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs