Pit Bull Project requirements

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Pit Bull Project requirements

Postby JCleve86 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:41 pm

I won't be getting a doggy of my own for at least a few years, but when I do, I intend to get a rescue, and more likely than not, one from Pit Bull Project. I was wondering if any of you worked for them, or knew from word of mouth what their adoption requirements are.
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby TheMissingSock » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:56 pm

friends of ours looked into them and they said that the woman who interviewed them basically said that if they are both going to work full time and no one would be home all the time w/the dog, they wouldn't adopt a dog to them.
just sayin' that's what i heard. Make sure you do your breed research too, i hear they only take people that know tons about the breed.

good luck!
TheMissingSock

Postby JCleve86 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:31 pm

I heard that too, and I'm hoping it's not true. I can't imagine there are many homes that fit the description...I can see not wanting to adopt out to someone who works 14 hour days and has no intentions of working the dog when he/she gets home, but an absolute rule like that doesn't seem very realistic. Then again I don't run a rescue, so I won't make up my own rules here.
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby jmann4 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:50 pm

JCleve86 wrote:I heard that too, and I'm hoping it's not true. I can't imagine there are many homes that fit the description...I can see not wanting to adopt out to someone who works 14 hour days and has no intentions of working the dog when he/she gets home, but an absolute rule like that doesn't seem very realistic. Then again I don't run a rescue, so I won't make up my own rules here.

Their requirements are on their web page:

http://www.pitbullproject.org/adopt.htm

Click the white box with the dog in it for their Adoption application. They are one of the stricter rescue's out there. Just so you know.
jmann4

re

Postby Diane Jessup » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:02 pm

I have known Ann and worked with her for years. It would be great if you could adopt a dog from her.

I would like to toss up the question: how many rescues who require all these restrictions actually fulfill these requirements themselves?
Diane Jessup

Postby JCleve86 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:17 pm

I'll be looking to adopt in a few years...going to WWU for at least 2 years, so I'm definitely not in any position to get my own dog quite yet. Is it true that they require someone to be home 24 hours?

On another topic, I emailed them a while back about volunteering, and they gave me her number, but I never called :oops: . Now that I'm moving up to Bellingham, I'm wondering if they need any assistance up there (most likely not)...
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs