These three need help right away!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

These three need help right away!

Postby chewalotopus » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:28 pm

We have three dogs that are in a kill shelter that need to get to Chicago ASAP. We are looking into homes for 2 of them. The dogs only have until saturday (8/14/04) and they are located out in NY. We are trying to get ground transport but seem to be coming up unsuccessful so we are going to try to fly them out. We need to try to raise about $700. However, the little pup does have kennel cough and cannot fly so if anyone knows anyone out east that could help out with transport please spread the word.

These are the three dogs-

1- Cole a female blue pit about 2 yrs.
2- Moe (aka Cecil) a staffy bull about 10 months old great with everything
3- Baby Mushy 4 month old brindle female

They are in a town shelter that wants to put them down and I bought them a week longer. I tested them including with my son and they are good dogs (cole does need to be an only dog). Even if we do get ground transport we would still most likely want to fly cole out because she is very alpha and i would not have her running loose with the other dogs and transport is hard enough to request cars that are big enough to have a large crate and room for two other dogs can be pushing it. If anyone can help please let me know. Unfortunately I do not have pics at work but if you want to see what they look like they are all on our petfinder page.
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=1&pet.Shelterid=IL126&preview=1

Please cross post widely Baby Mushy needs us :pray

Thank you
Chicagoland Bully Breed Rescue
chewalotopus

Postby Melkor » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:40 am

Actully I've been looking for a bridle pitbull myself... Is baby up for adoption? And whats the longest you could keep her for? Im in Michigan and I would make the trip there but I'd need a bit more info...

Thanks
Good Luck!
Melkor

Postby chewalotopus » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:01 pm

Hi, sorry I didn't post sooner! Um, those dogs all went into foster homes (I JUST NOW found out) out in NY...but I also just now heard that CBBR has found two more young brindles in a kill shelter - I think also in NY. I'm going to send an e-mail to the rescue girl that knows more about it right now, and I'll get back to you when I hear back from her.

If you want to in the meantime go to the rescue's website & fill out an online adoption application (it's on the adoption page), that might help things along!
http://www.chicagolandbullybreedrescue.org/

Thanks! :thumbsup:
chewalotopus

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs