Ok....should I do it? Would YOU do it?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Confused

Postby Confused » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:53 am

If everyone was interested in helping only their dogs, the rescue world would be pretty bleek. :frown: I am glad there are people that are willing to help the dogs. I don't really consider what I'm doing as rescue, though I have been told that is exactly what I am doing. I would take this on all over again, even with all the problems because when it came down to it these dogs were facing a sure death or a possibility of being rehomed. I chose the latter. That's why I think it's great that she is taking these two pups. They are facing a sure death at the vet's office and IMO that is just unacceptable. They are puppies and have never hurt anyone. They deserve a chance.

Carla
Forum Junky

Postby Carla » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:08 am

Confused wrote:If everyone was interested in helping only their dogs, the rescue world would be pretty bleek.

THINK about that a little bit....

Carla

Confused

Postby Confused » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:14 am

Carla wrote:
Confused wrote:If everyone was interested in helping only their dogs, the rescue world would be pretty bleek.

THINK about that a little bit....

Carla

I see your point but I was talking about responsible, normal people. I didn't mean the idiots who fight their dogs and abuse them or abandon them. I should have rephrased that. You are 100% right. If EVERYONE was interested in taking care of their own dogs there wouldn't be a rescue world. Since there are a lot of people who don't then I guess that's why we need rescue.

Angels3
Adolescent Bully

Postby Angels3 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:11 am

This is not about Carla. Lets get back to these cute puppies!!! How old are they and where are the pics?? Also Parvoaid, What is this? How does it work. Sorry for my ignorance.

Laina
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Laina » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:17 pm

How are the pups today? Any news?

GSDBulldog
Addicted to PBF

Postby GSDBulldog » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:02 pm

I saw several vets on my vet message board who swear by parvaid and tamiflu... and not a single person who thought it was a waste of time/money. I still haven't figured out what exactly is in the stuff, but it sure doesn't seem to hurt!!!

Spazzy reccomends Tamiflu- for both pups & people.

It's an Antiviral, & I have done little (Well, no) research on it. However, I do have first hand experiece of this product helping a litter of Malinois mix pups pull through from Parvo, completely. I also took it when I had the flu lol

Pitbullpride (Krystal, I think?), try & get your hands on some of this stuff.

Sariss
Bully Ambassador

Postby Sariss » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:46 am

Pit Chick wrote:Hello, all they have to do is board it. What's so hard about that?

Maybe some vets offices don't have room? It could be taken up by sick/injured dogs, or by other people's dogs who are boarding. Our clinic doesn't like to take in dogs from shelters and humane societies, because we've been given "healthy" dogs that end up getting clients dogs sick. Yeah. Not good.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”