Free Pups sign accross from Animal Control!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Free Pups sign accross from Animal Control!

Postby Contessa63 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:00 pm

How is this for driving everyone crazy. When I picked up Lucca last week from the LA County Shelter in Baldwin Park there is a junk yard located right accross the street from AC. There were five dogs under neath a rusted out car trying to get some shade from the sun. A homemade sign painted on a wooden board said "Free Pups" None of the dogs were spayed or neutered. I asked Ac what was up with that. They said that was the city of West Covina accross the street. They have there own ac enforcement. This is a county facility. I'm like what the F?? West Covina is in LA County yet it complies with the city ac? On June Third LA's mandatory spay neuter went into affect for pet dogs and cats all breeds. Show dogs are exempt with the right paper work. They also have mandatory Micro chiping as well. The good thing is the program is under a grant. Microchips are free and the spay/neuter is 10.00.

LibertysSavior
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby LibertysSavior » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:31 pm

That's just wrong....terrible...free pups put there like that... :po:

Unreal!!!

Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Postby Contessa63 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:32 pm

I agree! It is just so creepy. This shelter location is at the back of all these junk yards! I wanted to take those dogs out so bad from that yard. the fence is about 12 feet high. They will keep reproducing. :sad: :sad: It's a bad situation. If I call up the city of West covina and give an annonyms tip to ac they will be cited. I hope they don't hurt the dogs for this but it is a risk I may have to take. I don't know what kind of people run that place. :sad: :sad:

LibertysSavior
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby LibertysSavior » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:35 pm

I hear ya... You never know who you are dealing with these days...sad but true.

They will keep reproducing, for sure. Hopefully something will be done to end the cycle!!!

Keep us posted.....

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”