URGENT!!!!!! Please help David! (Mo)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
cisom
Matured Bully

Postby cisom » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:15 am

Ellena wrote:...I guess what im saying is that if he is ok with cats, that is managable. The cats have their space, the dogs have theirs and as long as he wouldnt be agressively trying to dig at the bedroom door to get them, we could manage.

Any ideas?

That is exactly what I was thinking. I've emailed the rescue to see what the deal is.

sillywilly

Postby sillywilly » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:17 am

From what I understand- an animal control officer and the lady from the rescue tested him with a cat at the shelter-and both of them were very unsatisfied with his reaction :frown: she does'nt think he will work out well with cats.
On a good note: A couple people from st.louis have called asking about him :thumbsup: and if all else fails- she(rescue lady) will get him out of the pound on the 5th, and board him at an area kennel until we can find a solution- there's no way in heck we are going to let the shelter put him down. I hope one of the calls she recieved on him works out to be a good home- but I don't know what level of intrest the callers expressed.

sillywilly

Postby sillywilly » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:22 am

cisom wrote:
Ellena wrote:...I guess what im saying is that if he is ok with cats, that is managable. The cats have their space, the dogs have theirs and as long as he wouldnt be agressively trying to dig at the bedroom door to get them, we could manage.

Any ideas?

That is exactly what I was thinking. I've emailed the rescue to see what the deal is.

cool! I'm curious as to what she says- will you please let us know---- I do know she is uncomfortable adopting him to a household with cats--- I know she does home visits before adopting- so maybe seeing the cat(s) have a safe zone will do the trick 8)

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:22 am

well thats good news!!!

Please keep me posted if one of the people doesnt work out. If the rescue does take him and board him until a solution is found maybe they can do thier own cat test and see what they think?

and thanks to Cisom for offering to step up and help (if the cat thing gerts resolved right?)

Anyways, im keeping him in my thoughts and again, please update us all if anyone hears anything!! :peace:

sillywilly

Postby sillywilly » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:03 pm

Just wanted to update before I leave for the evening........ The recue lady is weeding through adoption apps! :headbang: hopefully one of them will work out- I did'nt talk to her much, as she was loaded with work to do. Hopefully very soon I will have much better news :))

mydogsarethepits
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby mydogsarethepits » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:44 pm

Lets hope he gets a new home soon :thumbsup:

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:48 pm

aw David!!! I hope he gets a really great home. I just want to cover him in kisses!!!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

sillywilly

Postby sillywilly » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:48 am

------------------UPDATE----------------------------

David is out of the shelter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:headbang: :cheerleader: :cheers: :yay: :headbang: :peace:
He is with the rescue Lady, waiting to be nuetered0then its off(hopefully) to his foster home!!!!!!!!!! I heard the news friday, but wanted to be sure before I said anything :))

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:16 am

Horray!!!! Thats so awesome, I was worried about that sweet boy! :headbang:

sillywilly

Postby sillywilly » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:23 am

I saw the other day that you have a new member, Ellena :))

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:33 am

:oops: Yes I do.

My husband and I looked around in the big (big to us) ol' house we just bought and said "its too quiet in here!"

I just don't feel "whole" unless im fostering and helping some pitty in need.

And Gerkin was most definatly in need. Hes here now safe and sound and doing awesome!!! :peace:

sillywilly

Postby sillywilly » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:37 am

from the pics I'd seen, you would'nt know he's the foster :)) he fits right in :thumbsup: congrads and applause to you for taking him :bowdown:

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:46 am

He does fit right in and thank you! He kinda has become my "barnacle" I call him. Sticks right to me at all times roflmao I took him to Petco yesterday and he cried if I walked more than 6 inches from the cart (he was riding in it).

Please keep updating this thread as things change with David. Id love to hear more!!! :inlove:

sillywilly

Postby sillywilly » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:02 am

Barnacle roflmao poor baby, he just wants love awwwwwww :))

Apparently I played a big part in David's rescue-I did'nt even know :)) - the rescue lady said if it was'nt for me posting him here (and a couple other places) she would have had to let him be :crybaby: she is out of room at her house, and would have had to let the shelter do what they do to him :frown: I am sooo about to cry :crybaby: knowing that :frown:

So I don't know who wound up agreeing to foster him- but I thank them from the bottom of my heart!!!! :headbang:
I might get a chance to meet him too :headbang: :)) I hope I can get off my overtime overkill job :tongue: to do so 8)

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:12 am

well congrats to you then!! Everything we do, little or small, brings these dogs hopefully one step closer to a home. It is a group effort and thank you for what you have done for him! :bowdown:

and if you get to meet him, I demand pictures!!!!!! :))

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”