ONTARIO-TWO PITTS ON DEATH ROW-HELP

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
pittbullpride

ONTARIO-TWO PITTS ON DEATH ROW-HELP

Postby pittbullpride » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:26 pm

Trying to save two Pitties from DEATH ROW.

TAFFY- http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=6705942

WILL BE EUTHANIZED AUGUST 1 st.

LEO- http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=6705960

WILL BE EUTHANIZED JULY 30 th.

If you an help and provide these dogs with a foster/permanent home please contact anmlresq@hotmail.com

Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:04 pm

Oh, are you with this rescue? There are a couple of members from this rescue on this forum as well.

What else can you tell us about these dogs?? the more you can tell us, the better chances they will have.

pittbullpride

No I am not

Postby pittbullpride » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:17 pm

I am not with the rescue but I am on petfinder daily and see them posted there. I have adopted from a few rescues and I do work for multiple rescue groups. I will try to get some info on their location. The rest of the info we have is listedn on the petfinder website if you click on the links above. I figured they may have a better chance if posted here as not everyone on petfinder is a pittie lover.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:22 pm

Why are these dogs "padlocked by AC"? I've never heard of this before.
Is this something because of 132?

pittbullpride

You're right

Postby pittbullpride » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:23 pm

That's right. they are considered CODE red and will not even be assessed. They will only be killed or let go to a rescue group that can deal with pitties.

indianas_mom
Matured Bully

Postby indianas_mom » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:24 pm

Why would they padlock them in their cage and not allow an assessment.

That doesn't make sense. They aren't sure about their temperaments but they will adopt them out ?

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:25 pm

indianas_mom wrote:That doesn't make sense. They aren't sure about their temperaments but they will adopt them out ?

That's what I was thinking.... :sad:

What is ANIMAL RESQ, if it is not a rescue group that can assess animals?

Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby Jp » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:38 pm

Pitbullpride...it is best to actually have personally met a dog before posting about them.

Anyone who is wanting to go in and meet either dog is free to contact the AC. The ACO's are pretty nice :thumbsup: but like many AC's the dogs in their care have a time limit. I did go and meet Bacardie last week and the AC officer was very kind. He posed for pictures with Bacardie and let me assess her. But that's just it...they are AC officers and (even though we all wish they would) they don't temp test. They are an Animal control centre and deal with strays and dumped dogs.

I have heard of worse AC's...ones that get a pitbull and immediately euth them, atleast this one is giving them a chance. As far as padlocking them in their kennels, I assume this is for security as there have previously been thefts of dogs. Really, this AC is pretty open to working with rescue and many other AC's aren't.

I did meet Leo very briefly when I saw Bacardie. He seemed like a happy nice dog. I would be willing to go check him out more thoroughly for anyone that is interested. Right now, I can only help with meeting a dog and transporting.
Leila is my number one priority....one dog at a time right?!

(a little note: I am not with any specific rescue...I only try to help when I can. Just incase anyone is curious, this is the AC where Leila came from
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 50&start=0 )
Last edited by Jp on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:41 pm

How's Miss Leila doing? Has she found a spot out of the province yet?
Maybe I missed this? I sure think she's a pretty one.

Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby Jp » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:18 pm

Allie wrote:How's Miss Leila doing? Has she found a spot out of the province yet?
Maybe I missed this? I sure think she's a pretty one.

Thanks for asking Allie. I'll be sure to give a little update in her thread right now!

PitBullPride

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:21 pm

Jus want to clarify that the OP isn't me.....that screen name is WAY to similar to mine

X-girl

Postby X-girl » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:38 pm

Jp wrote:Pitbullpride...it is best to actually have personally met a dog before posting about them.

It's actually against the rules to do so and this post should be removed from the forum. The frenzy that was created over this in the Intros section earlier lead us to believe you were affiliated directly with these dogs.

Please consult the rules post at the top of the page for future reference.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”