For the Love of Nomo

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
BullyVW
Pit Bull Forum Addict

For the Love of Nomo

Postby BullyVW » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Everyone...meet Nomo. It's been well over a year since Nomo came to join us at Sunrays Pit Bull Rescue here in the Lehigh Valley. We've been lucky enough to watch him grow from a puppy to the beautiful dog he's become.

And now his situation is urgent. He's been here too long. He needs a home...someone to love him, care for him, and show him the affection he so rightfully deserves.

He's great with humans of all kinds, but does not do well with other animals. If anyone, ANYONE, you know is interested in adpoting a new pet, let me recommend this big love.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:23 pm

I LOVE his face, Dave.

How is he with kids? And from the point of view of a "beginner" pit bull owner, how would you rate him? I had a woman email me recently about adopting a male pit bull, but she has an 11 year old and she also didn't have a ton of hands-on breed experience, so I didn't have any local dog that suited her . . . if she hasn't found a dog yet, I can send her pics of Nomo?

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:27 pm

why is he urgent? is his foster home moving or something? sometimes it takes up to a year or longer to adopt out pitbulls that cant live with other animals.

BullyVW
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby BullyVW » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:52 am

He's great with kids...just not other dogs. As far as to why he's urgent...a lot of things have changed at the rescue. I can't explain them all. However, Nomo has been with Sonya for some time now, living in the kennel system she works for. Although he's socialized, it's becoming stressful for him, it seems.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:31 am

hey, can you send me Nomo's Petfinder link? I'll pass his info onto the lady here. In her email she told me she had no desire to have more than one dog, so she wasn't put off by dog aggression. Her biggest concern seemed to be having a dog that would be good with kids.

BullyVW
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby BullyVW » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:02 pm

No petfinder....just PBRC

www.pbrc.net Look for Sunrays

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”