Foster Home Needed

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Foster Home Needed

Postby mypitmika » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:36 pm

Hi all - I haven't posted on here in forever! I received this email today from a fellow volunteer at the rescue I help out at...I would like to post it here in case anyone is in the area and would be willing to help.

Feel free to cross-post: I received a distressing email last night from a woman who adopted a sweetlittle pit mix from the Vernon Pound about 1+ month ago. She had alsoadopted an EH pit ("Shade") and was a former EH Pound volunteer. The newpup, "Sunny", apparently is having many adjustment issues: accidents in thehouse, incessant barking and some destructive behavior. She is great withkids (they have 4 and a daycare business), their other dog and is a loving"cuddle bug". She's petite -about 30 lbs. and young. She's spayed, UTD,etc. fully vetted. She reminds me of a brindle/white, smaller version ofMolly, for those of you who remember her from Sadie Mae. The family has decided to give her up. I strongly advised them to seek theassistance of a trainer but they don't feel that they have the time. Theydid, however, agree that her issues could probably be overcome with suchtraining. This is a very sad situation because if she goes back to the pound she willmost likely not make it out of there. I'm seeking assistance in finding aspecial foster home that is willing to devote the time needed torehabilitating this sweet little dog. There is sponsorship money. If anyone is interested or has any contacts that may be able to help, pleaselet me know. She's listed as "Suzy" on the Vernon Petfinder site list of Dogs AlreadyAdopted. Thanks, Amy

Here is her petfinder link: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6817506

It's not an ideal situation, but I don't want to see this poor girl thrown back into a shelter.

Please feel free to cross post & forward this message. If you can help, please contact me at mandyjfisher@hotmail.com or Amy Paterson at Sadie Mae Foundation (rescue) at abpaterson@snet.net. Thank you!!!!!

mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby mypitmika » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:58 pm

thought I'd bump this up...any contacts in new england? She's a beauty and is with a trainer right now, but Sadie Mae Foundation is keeping their options open for a foster home or forever home!

Thanks!!!

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”