Pepsi-Bad news..

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Vanella
Super Bully
Location: Brentwood, Northern Cali. It's a whole different world

Postby Vanella » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:02 pm

aschen_enegl wrote:
rgyoung777 wrote:Like I said, sounds like a rescue who you probably don't want to be involved with, and definitely one who should not be trying to rescue pit bulls.

Did they advise you to do introductions this quickly?

They told me to give him a day, so I did..and I told them how he reacted and they just figure it'd be safer on my personal dogs and less stressing.

Des, is this your first pit bull pull?

I also mentioned on another board that intros were rushed and this dog needed some time to decompress.....

I think that it's unfair to the dog that he was given a day after being sprung from the shelter, to acclamate to his new environment.

And he hasn't been Temp Tested or had an evaluation. Thats pretty basic stuff....

I know your heart was in the right place, maybe you can still get some help....Have you contacted SOL?

chinaschik

Postby chinaschik » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:09 pm

arnt you supposed to be fostering a puppy and english bulldog? So what are you going to do with him..? Take him back to the shelter? Do what syris said take him back ADOPT him yourself then find a foster home?!

defendabull
Addicted to PBF

Postby defendabull » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:30 pm

rgyoung777 wrote:Is it possible that you did introductions too quickly?

I've seen quite a few folks reccommend that adult foster dogs not have any interaction with resident dogs at all for at least two weeks, and then only gradual interactions for several weeks afterward, like through baby gates and x-pens and possibly brief leashed encounters outside of the home.

I know that rushing things can really set a dog up for failure. This doesn't have to be a death sentence for Pepsi if you take a few steps back and start over, provided you're able to do that. It can be a lot of work integrating a new adult pit bull foster into a home, and it's understandable that not everyone can do it.

agreed. rg is right on.
intros take time and patience
especially above all for a dog
that has been shelter stressed.
and intros on neutral territory
are a good idea before home intros.

aschen_enegl
Bully Ambassador

Postby aschen_enegl » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:38 pm

chinaschik wrote:arnt you supposed to be fostering a puppy and english bulldog? So what are you going to do with him..? Take him back to the shelter? Do what syris said take him back ADOPT him yourself then find a foster home?!

As I had stated in my previous post why I canno't take him in as my own adoption. And I was going to foster the EB, but he has been put into an EB rescue..and the puppy i'm not sure what happened to it, I never got contacted back after several attempts.

aschen_enegl
Bully Ambassador

Postby aschen_enegl » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:42 pm

Vanella wrote:
aschen_enegl wrote:
rgyoung777 wrote:Like I said, sounds like a rescue who you probably don't want to be involved with, and definitely one who should not be trying to rescue pit bulls.

Did they advise you to do introductions this quickly?

They told me to give him a day, so I did..and I told them how he reacted and they just figure it'd be safer on my personal dogs and less stressing.

Des, is this your first pit bull pull?

I also mentioned on another board that intros were rushed and this dog needed some time to decompress.....

I think that it's unfair to the dog that he was given a day after being sprung from the shelter, to acclamate to his new environment.

And he hasn't been Temp Tested or had an evaluation. Thats pretty basic stuff....

I know your heart was in the right place, maybe you can still get some help....Have you contacted SOL?

Yea, it's my first pull..the first foster was found as a stray and she got a home..but this is my first time dealing with a rescue.

chinaschik

Postby chinaschik » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:45 pm

aschen_enegl wrote:
chinaschik wrote:arnt you supposed to be fostering a puppy and english bulldog? So what are you going to do with him..? Take him back to the shelter? Do what syris said take him back ADOPT him yourself then find a foster home?!

As I had stated in my previous post why I canno't take him in as my own adoption. And I was going to foster the EB, but he has been put into an EB rescue..and the puppy i'm not sure what happened to it, I never got contacted back after several attempts.

I was getting rude I was just asking :thumbsup: So what are you going to do with him?

Vanella
Super Bully
Location: Brentwood, Northern Cali. It's a whole different world

Postby Vanella » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:49 pm

yeah I figured.....Please don't do it again until you know exactly what your doing and you have the knowledge and resources to pull a dog from the shelter, foster him with you, interview prospects, do home checks, vet checks,,, etc etc etc.....and it may take a LONG time to find a home for pit bulls, as you well know.

There is SO much information on this forum and the other 20 gazillion boards that I am just baffled by this quiet frankly.

aschen_enegl
Bully Ambassador

Postby aschen_enegl » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:51 pm

I was doing in my heart what was best....and spared him a few days in a loving home.. I just don't think I can do any of this anymore..

SyrisIsABully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SyrisIsABully » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:52 pm

chinaschik wrote:
aschen_enegl wrote:

I was getting rude I was just asking :thumbsup: So what are you going to do with him?

I think shes already made her mind up about that one!!
Rescuing is stress there is no way around that. I feel you may have bitten off more than you can chew at this point and thats too bad because you have been given lots of good advice on different ways to deal with it and you are very headstrong that bringing him back is the only option. You were given advice about slow intros by several people but choose to listen to a Boston Terrier rescue instead. Please next time you want to surf petfinder and babysit a shelter pup and pretend you are his saviour for a day, leave us out of it! I was really hoping for this gorgeous boy that his sad days cause by peoples poor choices were over. I thought you were really going to try, but your excuses prove that you are not ready for what you are trying to do.

aschen_enegl
Bully Ambassador

Postby aschen_enegl » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:58 pm

SyrisIsABully wrote:
chinaschik wrote:
aschen_enegl wrote:

I think shes already made her mind up about that one!!
Rescuing is stress there is no way around that. I feel you may have bitten off more than you can chew at this point and thats too bad because you have been given lots of good advice on different ways to deal with it and you are very headstrong that bringing him back is the only option. You were given advice about slow intros by several people but choose to listen to a Boston Terrier rescue instead. Please next time you want to surf petfinder and babysit a shelter pup and pretend you are his saviour for a day, leave us out of it! I was really hoping for this gorgeous boy that his sad days cause by peoples poor choices were over. I thought you were really going to try, but your excuses prove that you are not ready for what you are trying to do.

Oh fizzle off, i've been doing alot more then what anyone else here has done, so don't lecture me

karini
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby karini » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:59 pm

HEY HEY HEY guys, she came her looking for advice, it's not necessary to dump all over her.... She is new to this and yes, maybe she thought with her heart too quickly nevertheless she thought she was doing the right thing, now she is looking for some help / advice...

sam_i_am
Newborn Bully

Postby sam_i_am » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:01 pm

not sure if i missed this but WHY was he at a boston terrier rescue in the first place? As of right now what is the fate of this beautiful guy?

chinaschik

Postby chinaschik » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:02 pm

aschen I will pay for the vet bills and foster him! Alot of people have offered to take him? if its a problem with the rescue thing turn him back into the shelter and then adopt him under your name...

aschen_enegl
Bully Ambassador

Postby aschen_enegl » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:04 pm

chinaschik wrote:aschen I will pay for the vet bills and foster him! Alot of people have offered to take him? if its a problem with the rescue thing turn him back into the shelter and then adopt him under your name...

As I stated..I can't adopt him under my own name..the city has records of our 3 dogs..you can't have more then 3!

Swan
Bully Ambassador
Location: In my own world but havent figured out what to call it...

Postby Swan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:04 pm

chinaschik wrote:aschen I will pay for the vet bills and foster him! Alot of people have offered to take him? if its a problem with the rescue thing turn him back into the shelter and then adopt him under your name...

Oh China bless your heart.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”