I need to find my dog a home. Please HELP!!!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

I need to find my dog a home. Please HELP!!!!

Postby Vanessa » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:53 am

Some of you might remember me. I am the girl that moved into a condo and found out after signing the lease that I couldn't bring my dog after they found out that he was a pit. So, my parents let me keep him at their house for a while, but never liked the idea. So, since then we moved him one more time. He went to live at my husbands mom's house. They also have a pit. It's a terrible situation for him. He already tried attacking my dog in the middle of the night. So, they put Max in a kennel. It wasn't made very sturdy, so they decided to tie him up in there also. I just found out that he tried jumping out and almost hung himself. I accidently found out. I'm so mad that they didn't tell me. They want to keep him there, and they assure me that he'll be taken care of, but at this point I don't believe them. Please help me find him a good home. He's such a nice dog with a great temperament. He's not even dog aggressive. So, it really scares me. I know that he won't even try defending himself. What do I do?
Vanessa

Postby Kirstan » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:09 pm

A couple things - get out of your lease and move or keep him in your car until you can bring him in to your place at night. There are NOT any homes for these dogs - we're drowning in rescue!!! Drowning!!! We have shelter wait lists, not enough qualified people to adopt and owners in the situation like you're in - couldn't take the dog when he/she moved. You guys have to come up with something creative until you can move somewhere else. There aren't very many options available to you.

Approach the condo assn with temperament evals and see if they'll make an exception for you and your dog - tell them you'll do anything they want you to do.

kirstan
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby william.sattler » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:37 pm

Kirstan wrote:A couple things - get out of your lease and move or keep him in your car until you can bring him in to your place at night. There are NOT any homes for these dogs - we're drowning in rescue!!! Drowning!!! We have shelter wait lists, not enough qualified people to adopt and owners in the situation like you're in - couldn't take the dog when he/she moved. You guys have to come up with something creative until you can move somewhere else. There aren't very many options available to you.

Approach the condo assn with temperament evals and see if they'll make an exception for you and your dog - tell them you'll do anything they want you to do.

kirstan

Absolutely, break the lease the cost will be well worth the safety of your pbt
william.sattler

Postby Awesome_PIT » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:53 pm

Where do you live??
Awesome_PIT

Postby Vanessa » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:47 am

I live in Los Angeles.
Vanessa

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs