Phoebe and Ginger

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
nan
Matured Bully

Phoebe and Ginger

Postby nan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:54 pm

I took new foster dog pictures today :))

I took Phoebe in as an emergency temporary foster, when I knew I was going to have surgery in a month or so and wasn't supposed to have any foster. The idea was she'd stay with me only briefly, until another foster person could squeeze her in. But then she just turned out to be such an easy keeper (easier than my own dogs lol ) that I let her stay. Phoebe is a *nice* dog. She may be RE bred blue merle and a little strange in her conformation, but she has an amazingly nice, stable, happy, gentle temperament. She is one of those dogs you can really take anywhere and show off, and she charms the pants off everyone she meets. Here she is, posing in the grass...

I normally only take in one foster at a time, but Ginger was sitting in a high-kill shelter, rapidly running out of time, and her resemblance to my own pit bull Wilson was too much for me to be able to let her go. She had exactly the same sad, pitiful expression in the shelter that Wilson had. She's only been here since this afternoon, but she rode nicely in the car, submitted nicely to her bath, and has been all wags and wiggles and kisses with everyone she's met so far. She has also so far tolerated being crated reasonably well, which is a big deal to me since I always seem to end up with the superpowered 30lb crate-busting dogs. lol Anyway, here's Ginger, also posing in the grass.

DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby DogNerd » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:18 pm

They are both beautiful! I've been breaking my "only one at a time" rule a lot lately too. My "one" hasn't had a speck of interest though and she is all settled in and used to the routine, so I have been squeezing in easy keepers. It is hard to say no to a good dog when you know it is your place or the needle.

I love the smile on Phoebe's face!

FearSheeple
Addicted to PBF

Postby FearSheeple » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:31 pm

What a beautiful pair! :inlove: :inlove: More pics! ;)

Thanks for taking them in, you rock!

nan
Matured Bully

Postby nan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:41 pm

It is hard to say no to a good dog when you know it is your place or the needle.

It is, especially when they're staring at you out of a face that looks strikingly like the one that sleeps next to you every night. lol I argued with myself about it for a bit, but I think I knew it was a lost cause. She was supposed to be out of time on Monday, after all. :frown:

I love the smile on Phoebe's face!

Phoebe is a big smiler! I love all my fosters, but Phoebe's honestly one of the best tempered dogs I've fostered. She's just very friendly and happy and personable. She loves kids and is confident and playful without being over the top. She's got good dog manners, is quiet and patient in her crate, and is soooo eager to please. She really does have that thing that makes everyone who meets her fall in love with her, and I've had at least half a dozen people tell me, "Oh, but you have to keep this one." lol We're hoping to find an adopter who wants to at least get her a CGC and do something like therapy or breed education with her, especially since she's got that fad coloring and a $$$ RE pedigree, and yet still ended up in rescue.

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:45 pm

I am in LOVE with Phoebe! What a pretty girl!

SyrisIsABully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SyrisIsABully » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:48 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:What a beautiful pair! :inlove: :inlove: More pics! ;)

Thanks for taking them in, you rock!

I agree!!

Phoebe is GORGEOUS :inlove: She is just stunning, I love her
And Ginger is so cute!

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:46 am

They are both gorgeous. :D What would Pheobe's colouring be called - I love the spots.

satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby satanscheerleader » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:19 am

You've sure got two beauties there. I still think merle is damn cool looking on a pit {or pit mix I should say lol} Gorgeous pair. Absolutely gorgeous.

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:13 am

MERLE! That's what came to mind initially but I didn't think I had ever heard of a Merle coloured pit. Very cool looking!

nan
Matured Bully

Postby nan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:20 am

Aww...thanks for all the compliments! I tend to agree that the merle coloring means Phoebe's got something like Catahoula back somewhere in her genetics, and her conformation's a little wonky, so she's obviously not the best bred dog in the world. But she is very nice, and her coloring attracts a lot of attention and gives me a great chance to talk about pit bulls in general and fad breeding in particular.

Here are a few more pics of the love bug...

Nah, Phoebe doesn't like people, can't you tell? lol

And here's another one of Ginger, so she's not being left out. I love the expression on her face in this one...my son is trying to take a picture of her with the cellphone. :))

My son and his father deserve credit for always being willing to be my photo assistants, even when they think I'm a little nutty for having brought home yet another foster dog. lol

Nitrosmom
Super Bully

Postby Nitrosmom » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:19 pm

:inlove: Where are you at in NC? I would love to make a visit. They are both beautiful!

wolfpuppy
Adolescent Bully

Postby wolfpuppy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:56 pm

wow they are darling! I don't understand why great dogs are being put in shelters in the first place :frown:

LibertysSavior
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby LibertysSavior » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:34 pm

:inlove:
I totally want Phoebe!!! I'm so looking for a dog to do therapy work with...

We may have to talk.
:twisted:

wolfpuppy
Adolescent Bully

Postby wolfpuppy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:01 pm

I also hope to find a rescue dog like pheobe. Currently looking!

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:11 pm

I think they both look like great dogs. I hope they find homes where they'll be spoiled rotten!
Jen

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”