Female puppy Pit for adoption in Northern VA

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Female puppy Pit for adoption in Northern VA

Postby Ruckus » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:50 pm

Well my girlfriend and I just rescued a 7 week old brindle female pit yesterday. It was given to my girlfriends Vet hospital because she was unwanted. In no way is this an abused or neglected puppy. She was just unwelcome in her old home (as so many pits are)

She is up to date on all of her vaccines, I will have some pics of her as soon as I get a digital camera. Any one in the Northern VA, Maryland, west VA area are welcome to come see her. She has been playing with our 2 year old pit very well and seems very friendly to animals and people. She has no problems with food or toys and has shown ZERO aggression.

There are a some terms of adoption that new owner must agree with...
1. The new owner MUST spay her (spaying her will help with aggression and she will be healthier)
2. She will not be given to someone who plans to fight her (so don't ask)
3. Since she was just given to my Girlfriends vet, there are no papers and no guarantees that she is pure Pit. (but as far as i can tell she is as pure as they get)
4. Would like for the new owners to be familiar with Pit bull breed and how to properly raise one.

If interested please either PM me or respond in this thread email me at higgyh22@hotmail.com or give me a call at (703) 856-3089

Thanks,
Chris
Ruckus
Newborn Bully

Postby Ruckus » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:48 pm

Here are some pics

Ruckus
Newborn Bully

OMG!!

Postby caped dog » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:56 pm

what a great ptoto shoot!! I love the one with your biggie snuggling the baby. what an adorable critter. what about spaying her first- so there is not any question or fear of loss/theft and her being bred... While I understand some folks are comfortable with s/n contracts, i personally cannot take the worry. Besides, "We know from studies that compliance with spay/neuter contracts and deposit systems is only 60%. " http://www.tracylanddvm.com/html/nba.html

Perhaps your friends employer has strong feelings against "early-age s/n" but it not really a new or dangerous procedure- in my experience and research. http://www.hsus2.org/sheltering/library/early-age.html
http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/ope/ivb/spay-neu.htm

good luck! she is adorable!!!
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Ruckus » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:16 pm

bump
Ruckus
Newborn Bully

Postby nessa » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:24 pm

Damn. You know, I fall more and more in love with this breed every day. How someone couldn't want that DARLING little bundle of joy is just beyond me.
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs