EMERGENCY!!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

EMERGENCY!!!

Postby Susan Diamond » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:45 pm

I am posting this message here and in "miscellaneous", in hope of getting your attention quickly. I have a friend, Kim, whose grown daughter, Amanda, has a very sweet pit bull who has won Kim's heart as well. I have never met Amanda, but from Kim's stories I can tell that she truly loves her dog and is a responsible pit bull owner. Now Amanda has met another pit in a shelter in San Marcos, Texas, and has fallen in love. The problem is that the shelter will not adopt out any pit bulls unless they are released to a pit bull rescue group. Worse, there is a time limit involved, so currently Amanda's friend sits on "death row"! Amanda tried contacting a local pit bull rescue group, but so far has only left messages, and gotten no reply. Kim gave Amanda my number, hoping I could help. I do animal rescue out of our home, mostly cats, since my rescued pit bull has a history of dog agressiveness (however he is wonderful with the kitties!). I do have some calls in to friends, hoping someone can find a residential number for one of our local pit bull rescue volunteers. However, the clock is ticking. If anyone out there has any advice or help, we would be most grateful. Thanks, Susan
Susan Diamond

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs