What does 2007 have in store for Willis??

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

What does 2007 have in store for Willis??

Postby pittymomma » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:57 pm

Well Willis went on a trial adoption and sadly his potential home realized she was not ready for a dog.

Here is what she said about her time with Willis

This is a really difficult thing for me to do...I have not cried so much in all my life. I'm still second guessing myself and I know I will continue to for years. I won't be able to adopt Wonka.

I got to take Willis (or Willy Wonka) for a week long sleepover. HE WAS AMAZING. Flat out amazing. And that's what makes this whole thing even more difficult. I came to the realization that I wouldn't be able to give Willis the home he truly deserved. I kept trying to tell myself it would work out, I could find the time, I could fit him in. But it shouldn't be about 'fitting him in'. This boy needs an AMAZING home, with people that have the time and energy to give the exceptional boy the life he's been looking for. I'm currently going to school and run a small business and I'm afraid Willis wouldn't get the attention he needs from me. I was so confident and ready to take on a dog, and I fell in love with Willis instantly...He is the perfect dog. But it wouldn't be fair to him, and I'd rather second guess and cry my heart out here, knowing he could get another chance to be adopted, then keep him selfishly and wait it out...not knowing if I could handle the responsibility or not. I don't usually pour my heart out to complete strangers like this but it's important to know just how difficult this decision has been, and the reason its difficult is because Willis is the most wonderful dog I have ever come across. Here are some highlights I had the pleasure of experiencing while he was in my care:

-WILLIS LOVES EVERYBODY. There wasn't a person he met that he didn't love. And he knows how to behave around certain people. One of the first people he met was my grandmother who is quite frail. She loves dogs and got down to his level to say hello. He knew it be gentle and not give huge sloppy kisses like he usually does. He just put his head in her lap and wagged his tail furiously. He also met my aunts newborn baby, and again was an angel. He was very curious to see what this was, and was very very gentle and cautious around it, knowing not to be too playful, and just give kisses on his tiny hands. He hasn't shown one bit of aggressive behaviour and like his foster momma told me, he would be an amazing therapy dog (outside Ontario).

-HE IS SO POLITE. He knows his sit and off. He can give you paw and will settle down when you tell him to. He eats his food quietly and goes into his crate without a whimper. He picks up on things SO well, and it honestly feels like he knows exactly what you ask of him. Like in the morning when you first wake up (and if you let him sleep in your bed) he will wait until you open your eyes and say hello before he starts giving you kisses (he tries his very best to contain his wiggles and love until you open your eyes, I tested this a few times, hehe). He knows which toys are his and didn't chew on anything he wasn't supposed to. If he got really excited and chomped down on a sock or blanket you would only have to say 'off' and he wouldn't try it again. Also, with the help of a prong collar (when used correctly) he walks great.

-HIS TRUST. I couldn't get over how much he trusted all of us and every stranger he met while sleeping over. He was in a new environment, with new people, sounds, smells...and it was like he had been living with us for years. He loves to sleep with you on the couch to watch movies. He puts his head on your chest and will look up to you waiting for pets. He loves to have his arms on you while you sit and always manages to be touching you while he falls asleep. He would do this thing when he was sleepy...he would lean his big cheek into your face, waiting for kisses, and if you gave him little pecks his eyes would slowly close. He loved it. He is so people oriented. He wasn't phased by loud noises and sudden movements. He met alot of young children and he got bonked on the head by a toy car only to lick the young boys face and follow him around as he played.

I could go on and on and I know I'm writing out a book here, but this shows you just how easy it is to get close with him and pick up on all his little habits. Like I said, I have cried and cried and never had to deal with something like this...I feel like I'm letting everyone down. I only had him for a week but it feels like years and I'm giving away 'my baby'. This is just how wonderful he is. I know alot of you guys also had the chance to meet Will, so please add your tidbits and lets find this boy a home that is going to give him the best life possible!

I loved you Willis, with all my heart. I'm so sorry I couldn't give you the home you deserve. I will think about you always and my heart will continue to ache over you, just like the first time I set my eyes on you...Your forever home is coming baby boy. xo

V

crazykel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby crazykel » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:13 pm

:crybaby:

Monukka
Super Bully

Postby Monukka » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:16 pm

I am so sorry it didn't work out for this guy.

He sounds exceptional!

Pittymomma, is he by any chance the same dog as posted below - I saved his pic from a post awhile back now because I thought he was so gorgeous!! I think it's the same one... :inlove:

dawgdays
www.BadRap.org

Postby dawgdays » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:28 pm

Me! Me! Me! Send him to me.

(duh)

Is he still fairly good with other dogs?

pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby pittymomma » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:30 pm

:thumbsup: Yep same fella!!

He is quite handsome isn't he?? And he has a temperment to die for.

V

dawgdays
www.BadRap.org

Postby dawgdays » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:34 pm

Well if you can bear sending your beloved so far away, we can get the ball rolling. It's up to you, V. No problems here ... He's welcome anytime.

Monukka
Super Bully

Postby Monukka » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:34 pm

He's beautiful!!!

Where's he located?

Monukka
Super Bully

Postby Monukka » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:34 pm

Okay nevermind I just looked and your in Ontario. Wish I wasn't moving otherwise I'd be pretty close!!

pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby pittymomma » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:39 pm

Is he still fairly good with other dogs?

YES. He charmed hot n spicy Cindy Lou, he hams it up with his frat brothers, and just recently Spurby and Myshadow brought their boys over and he paled around with them as well.

He is approx 4 yrs old so I beleive what we see is what we get with Wonka and his reactions to dogs..... I hope.

V

FearSheeple
Addicted to PBF

Postby FearSheeple » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:01 pm

aww... I'm sorry it didn't work out. :( He sounds like an amazing dog (and is gorgeous to boot!), whoever adopts him will be very lucky!

CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby CinderDee » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:41 pm

I have to believe something very special is in store for Willis. If I were able to have another dog, he would be the one I would want.

Good luck Willis! :inlove:

dickybird
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby dickybird » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:46 pm

How heartbreaking for both Willis and his hopeful home. I know how hard it was to give up my first foster dog after 8 days and she was a brat. I can't imagine how hard it would be to bring a dog into your life knowing that he was perfect and then realizing that you couldn't give him the life he deserved.

It will work out for Willis, this just wasn't it.

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:50 pm

Oh no! Poor guy..... hes got that home out there somewhere and this is proof of it..... it just wasnt the right time. *sigh*

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:52 pm

Oh wow. I wish I could have another dog, he'd definitely be it. :frown:

I wish him the best, but I'm glad he's happy with you for now!

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:38 pm

oh no. if funds are needed to fly him to Badrap i will glady donate to his flight.. he is a truly special dog, i know there is a home equally as special as he is out there..

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”