Portland Oregon wishes to rescue a pitbull

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Portland Oregon wishes to rescue a pitbull

Postby KimberlyGeorge26 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:20 pm

Seeking a pitbull, puppy or whatever. Wish to rescue, but can not afford to buy a dog. Loving young couple wishes to find a pit to spoil. Tigard OR
pls email KimberlyGeorge26@yahoo.com with info
KimberlyGeorge26

Postby Kirstan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:19 am

Hi,

Try checking out the www.pbrc.net page, go to 'Dogs to Adopt' and the 'Northwest' section. You'll be able to see the dogs available, read the criteria each rescue establishes, see if this fits with your lifestyle, and apply through the site.

Good luck~
kirstan
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby K » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:45 am

but can not afford to buy a dog
:roll:

Initial outlay is NOTHING compared to knee surgery and eye surgery...I should know! if they cant afford a 7/11 parking lot pup how are they going to afford shelter fees? and food?..innoculations?..SP/N Op?...Heartworm /flea/tick/worm prevention?...training classes? ...Insurance?
K

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:10 pm

Perhaps she meant that she could not afford a pup from a REAL breeder, not a BYB... that I could understand. You pay that money(a lot of money if it is a good breeder) and then still have to pay for S/N, flea treatment, worm treatment, vet exam, vaccs, etc... MOST reputable RESCUES will adopt out a wonderful pet for under $200 and that pet is usually already S/N (or they have a contract), paracite free, UTD on vaccs, etc... At least that is what I am HOPING that she meant! :))

She already has one male adult Pit Bull (I am cheating, we have been talking over PM so I have more info thatn you! :tongue: ) and a child... expenses in normal life are probably already assumed. She has been "talking" (PMs) to me about fostering, which may work out wonderfully for everyone involved.

Kimberly, if you don't end up fostering or adopting a dog with my help, also please check out www.petfinder.com, look under Oregon, and check out Pit Bull and/or Staffordshire. Make sure to bring your other dog and your son to meet any potential adoption or foster dogs, and I would strongly suggest going for a slightly older spayed female that has so far been good with other dogs.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby K » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:18 pm

Apologies..the way it was worded I assumed the post was made on behalf of someone else...theres the ass in assumed for me :oops: I get a lot of these types of requests via Dogo and its mostly from people who want an expensive dog like the breeds I own..but want to find one for little or no money...sorry I fell off my porch on you :oops:

I am glad you are chatting over PM and working it all through...heres hoping it all works out
K

Dog wanted

Postby KimberlyGeorge26 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:09 pm

Okay, it wasn't for me, its for my friends. THey are not willing to pay the $100's of dollars from a breeder when there are all those out there that need homes. I have found at least 5 on craigslist.com in the past week, but they dont have a back yard so the owners chose not to meet with them. I'm sorry, I wasn't clear about that!!! :oops:
KimberlyGeorge26

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs