Need info on dog rescue in South Georgia

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Need info on dog rescue in South Georgia

Postby dopeychristy » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:25 pm

Not pitbull rescue but all breed rescue. I am sick and tired of seeing these poor dogs running around here. They need help, obviously not a soul cares for them :(

My hands are soooo full I can't rescue anyone, was hoping maybe there is someone around here I could call. I really don't want to call animal control :(
dopeychristy

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:10 pm

I know that this in not exactly the info that you want, but as you know dog rescues are usually so over burdened with the amount of animals in need of homes... is there anything you can do to increase their adoptability and decrease the ammount of work/money that the rescue will need to put into helping the dogs? I know that there is no way that you can keep dogs at your house, but perhaps you can offer the rescue to assist in paying for spays/neuters, vaccinations, flea/worm treatment, etc. for the dogs you bring? Or offer to pay for ad space in a paper or similar? I think that you wanting to rescue these roaming and neglected dogs is amazing, and you efforts in cathcing and transporting is totally more than most people in would do for those dogs in that situation... but that sadly does not increase the chance that a rescue could assist (depending on their space and resource ability)... Does that make sense at all?!

As for trying to find a rescue, check petfinder.org for a list of shelters and rescues in the area. Make sure to deliver the dogs to the rescue yourself (NEVER go for rescues that insist on picking the animal up and will not let you know where they are going) ... I think taht it is AWESOME that you are doing somethign to help these dogs that are the result of someone elses irresponsibility! :bowdown:

I do not personally know of the rescues around there, which I think was more of what you were asking in yor post... sorry!

Good luck to you and to those dogs! Thank you again so much for caring...
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby dopeychristy » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:15 pm

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately all of my money is going toward my own mulitple dogs. I would pay for every dog out there if I could but I can't. :(

Well, it is just a thought. I don't understand why people take dogs if they aren't going to take care of them. :crybaby:

You know someone owned those dogs at onetime. What the hell would cause someone to abandon a living creature?

I guess I shouldn't bother to ask that considering there are human babies found in dumpsters~!

This world can really suck! :po:
dopeychristy

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs