"Sparky" the meatball-/S.W.Michigan-ADOPTED!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
SueN
Matured Bully

Postby SueN » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:34 am

Where are you located in Michigan?

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:43 am

Hi Sue N ! I am in Grand Rapids, Meatball is a rescue from Muskegon tho. We will be at a rescue/pet event Saturday in Muskegon, this link should
show it (At work so in a hurry and dont have the info here on hand)

www.poundbuddies.petfinder.com

We are a bit away from you tho I think ..can you say Saturday ROAD TRIP L O L !

SueN
Matured Bully

Postby SueN » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:23 pm

I am already going on a road trip to Ohio early early Sat. morning. Sure I will take him but my husband will make you take one of mine back with you. Do you want my cling on Am Staff or my big black All American Pound Puppy?

Actually, I was thinking of doing some marketing for you to get him a home.

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:32 pm

SueN wrote:I am already going on a road trip to Ohio early early Sat. morning. Sure I will take him but my husband will make you take one of mine back with you. Do you want my cling on Am Staff or my big black All American Pound Puppy?

Actually, I was thinking of doing some marketing for you to get him a home.

SUREEEEEEEEEEE burst my bubble then beg for a home! roflmao
Pits are HARD to home, thats for dang sure.
As are black all amercian pound puppys..

Do you have him listed thru somewhere? There is I think Diane ( I have emailed back and forth but now forgot her name) who runs the pitty rescue on the East side of the state who hosts dogs that need homes.

SueN
Matured Bully

Postby SueN » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:20 am

LOL...you misunderstood. If I took the meatball I would have to give you one of my own personal dogs. My husband stops at two.

I want to help you find a home for the guy meaning Sparky. I have a PR event that I thought you could come to with him in November.

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:14 am

SueN wrote:LOL...you misunderstood. If I took the meatball I would have to give you one of my own personal dogs. My husband stops at two.

I want to help you find a home for the guy meaning Sparky. I have a PR event that I thought you could come to with him in November.

oh gez I was sooooooooooooo confused..dont worry it happens WAY to often L O L :oops:

Meatball is a great dog at events. He is even STARTING to stop "popping" up to give kissies.. :0 )

Emma H
Matured Bully

Postby Emma H » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Do you feel like shipping him over to British Columbia? I'm sure if he shows up at my door, my mom won't be able to say no!!!

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:29 pm

Emma H wrote:Do you feel like shipping him over to British Columbia? I'm sure if he shows up at my door, my mom won't be able to say no!!!

Careful what you wish for... my dad delivers trailers to the Vancouver and "beyond" area in his truck!!!!

:0 )

fr4nnie
Adolescent Bully

Postby fr4nnie » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:40 pm

Oh man, I can't believe this gorgeous dog is still up for adoptin.
I would not hesitate to adopt him if I had the space, and parents permision lol.
Good luck finding him a home, I see he has been looking for his forever home for quite some time now. Maybe his destiny is to be with you???

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:52 pm

fr4nnie wrote:Oh man, I can't believe this gorgeous dog is still up for adoptin.
I would not hesitate to adopt him if I had the space, and parents permision lol.
Good luck finding him a home, I see he has been looking for his forever home for quite some time now. Maybe his destiny is to be with you???

Someone told me in this area, to count on at least 6 months to find a pitty a home..guess they werent kidding. :0 (

I too am really surpised this musclar love ball is still out there. All the brawn with the humor of every dog I have ever fostered.

Stay..ah! no, sadly he cannot stay, it wouldnt be fair , for this house is a "shuffle bark change" house, and he deserves a full life not shuffling and crates.
( I live with a serious DA dog ((non pit)), Scooter handles it well as long as I work her alot. Meatball sings and cries from his crate. He wants his HUMAN :crybaby: where are they?

I think and HOPE this Saturday at adopt a day he might have a couple come meet him. *fingers crossed send KARMA !!! *
~for more of Meatballs recent stories click here!
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 91&start=0 ~

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:25 am

Yup
Meatball is still waiting for his adoptive home. I am bumping his lil Adopt Me! Thread, I have had some inquiries from here so I wanted to just put the word out that he is still waiting!

For more recent pictures of this lil luv bug :
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 66&start=0

thebluejackal
Super Bully

Postby thebluejackal » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:44 am

I know I love him. x.x I can just SEE his spirit in his eyes and his toy drive is SUCH a plus for him, not to mention the fact that he's been fostered with other dogs AND cats for this long with no issues.

I'm looking for the best dog I can possibly find as my demo dog for K9U in Oklahoma City.

Is he focused in his drive? Does he love, love, love, LOVE to do things for his people? Does he get distracted easily?

It would take a LOT of begging and pleading with my partner, but my God, he's one of those who I can't stop looking at even though he's so far away.

She is mostly worried about BSL (we're in an area without it, but she's worried about it coming up) and the fact that we're moving into a townhouse (with no HOA), but we will be very, very, VERY close to our neighbors. She is also sort of hoping I will get a smaller dog (30 pounds or less) for my demo dog at K9U, ha ha. A solid 50 pounds is about the size of Kaya, our 35-pound Shiba/GSDX . . . heehee. I've been telling her Kaya's size or smaller, which STILL includes Pit Bulls.

My main deal, though, is that I want Angel, the Master Trainer at K9U, to evaluate every dog I look at for drive, nerves, suspicion, forgiveness, etc, so if he doesn't measure up well to that (although it SOUNDS like he'd be just fine) he'd either have to go back or go through the rescue I volunteer for.

I wouldn't be able to really, truly, seriously consider it until the end of November, though, due to the move. We close on the 14th or earlier.

Is he calm in the house? I know this would be a big thing for my partner. :-P We already have one dog who ISN'T, ha!

Do you have any idea how he would take to a pesky Corgi nipping at his heels during play? Hazel REALLY can't help himself sometimes! What about a dominant female his height? Or a Japanese Chin who is all paws? Has he been around many rude small dogs?

Would he be fine with strange kitties coming in and out all the time? We foster kitties, so that would be an issue, too.

I know I'm asking a hell of a lot out of a dog, but I have to make sure he or she would fit in well with our family.

I am personally hoping to find a Pit or Pit mix to fit these criteria as there is a SEVERE LACK of Pits around K9U and WAY to many GSDs. :-P Plus, I have always been drawn to them and have wanted one since 2003. This breed touches my heart, for whatever reason, along with their cousins, especially the SBTs. I want to show people what kind of dog they truly are and I'm in a position to be able to do that.

JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby JCleve86 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:05 pm

Well how about we arrange a three way trade. You can take my Staffman Mister T and I will take Meatball. :inlove: lol

(Actually from the sounds of it you'd most definitely return him to sender...lol...he isn't exactly kitty friendly, is sometimes reactive with other dogs (can't figure out what it is though...sometimes its male, sometimes it's female, sometimes its a big dog, sometimes it's a small dog, sometimes the dog is calm, sometimes the dog is hyper...he's just hit or miss it seems)...and he's a space cadet. Sometimes I sing to him, "If I ooonly had a brain")

But seriously...if I were allowed a second dog (which I thought I was until a month after I lived here :po: ) you might have to be stuffing him in an envelope and shipping him here. :inlove: :inlove: And he's got a great name too...Meatball....lol...just keep the faith...aside from being a bully, he sounds like a pretty adoptable guy...the right family will come along sooner or later. :thumbsup:

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:21 pm

Bluejackal you are too funny!! I am at work (Sneakin and taking a break right now) but when I get in tonight after walking all the meatheads,
I will answer all your questions!

off the top of my head.
His drive is AWESOME.. I can get him to do about anything with his toy toy toy drive. He does get distracted a bit at events.. but thats to be expected, how far could he go, I dont know?
He has learned (And still learning) patience . I have had him at a busy park (I mean BUSY.,bikes, dogs frisbees flying by on a f.golf course, off leash dogs running around) and to boot I was there to help a dog aggressive dog (on leash of course) Meatball sat at my side, eyes focused on MOMMMMMY , I was more than proud :inlove: .
I dont work TONS with him, just here and there, of course I dont want him to bond with me , so the high end training I will leave to his forever home. He already stares at me like I am a playpup pin up !

I train more behaivour, and look for quirks, yanno?

But yes he lives with cats running around him, even (*shhh) an unreleasable possum that was with me for awhile (I even have a picture of him sitting next to the muching possum in the kitchen while staring at MOMMMMY)
So I think anything is possible with the proper training.
Now a loose wild possum in the yard, even with my own dogs, I wouldnt think they would not chase it.

we were walking the other day, as a neighbor was outside with his kitty, kitty was all "halloweened out" back up hissing, the guy was like ready to grab his cat, I called out "MEatball is fine" and he just pranced right on by the kitty.. then a bird flew by and Meatball went into full, Must CHASE mode.. :oops: luckily the other way from kitty.. l o l.
So maybe he is a bit bird dog.. I think it just surprised him, he has been stalking that same area and the bush every walk now..

Little yappy dogs.. well I do have one, but after being almost being eaten by Scooter the pittie bull, I have kept the little muppet on crack put away. She has a tendancy to fly thru the air and bite and hang on to other dogs.. know idea..she is a flipzzoid.
I could see how Meatball is with her.... I imagine he will be fine as usual.

Scooter my big bully is a Bitch and he takes her just fine, she is pushy and barks at the world. And other than playing with her, he ignores her.
She is a witch too.. runs into him, runs the fence line, And he just comes to mommy and tells on her.

so
there is a few questions answered... maybe not all of them.

And ps
Yes any dog being returned would have to under no circumstances be returned to me, I take back, personally every dog I have ever had, which has been two, one due to death of the person :0( and one due to my
abused dog CopperTop who cracked after being adopted and was pts.

whew
back to work I go
that should keep your eyeballs busy for a minute.. l o l.

any forgotten things I will address later today!

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:04 pm

God he is a cutie!

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”