"Sparky" the meatball-/S.W.Michigan-ADOPTED!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:51 pm

Yep another one that tugs at my heart. Sophie, and Max found a home . Now it's Meatballs time to shine!

artemiss
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby artemiss » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:30 pm

and another one that makes me curse living in Toledo...
What a cutie pie..I seriously just can't beleive no one wants that handsome fella. :frown:

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:11 am

He is adorable! If I wasn't such a new owner as it is I would take this boy, I just don't think it's fair to add another so soon after the first. I can't believe no one has nabbed him, he looks so calm and sweet!

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:04 pm

GoingPostal wrote:He is adorable! If I wasn't such a new owner as it is I would take this boy, I just don't think it's fair to add another so soon after the first. I can't believe no one has nabbed him, he looks so calm and sweet!

L O L.. calm...well... other than his new title "pop !-a pit!" he is pretty calm . He loves just to sit and stare with those huge love bug eyes at his human.
I too am surprised he is still around.. I really thought due to his non reactive personality and happy human go lucky ways he would find a home pretty fast..
ah well what can ya do?

gallytrot
Newborn Bully

Postby gallytrot » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:24 pm

Oh my gosh, he's beautiful. Hmm...I need some practice painting portraits of black dogs. Perhaps I could paint Meatball?

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:21 pm

Black dog you say? here is one of myfavorite picture of my two lil love butts.
My other favorite is a page back where he is sitting at PETCO with the adopt me and his sexy face on! :inlove:
Paint away!
I would think it hard to paint black animals !
You will of course have to share your work so we all can see!!

and hi ! fellow grand rapidsiadian. :0 )~

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:52 pm

Oh, they're both so cute. I tried to convince my husband we should adopt him, but he doesn't think he's as cute as I do. Also, our yard isn't fenced. We adopted a doberman who has turned into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, so if you want to trade him for a doberman, I think we could work something out!
Jen

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:04 pm

dogs4jen wrote:Oh, they're both so cute. I tried to convince my husband we should adopt him, but he doesn't think he's as cute as I do. Also, our yard isn't fenced. We adopted a doberman who has turned into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, so if you want to trade him for a doberman, I think we could work something out!
Jen

well humpf to the hubby.. l o l !!!!!
Not to worry about a fence, so far no fence will hold this lil butthead., he cleared my friends stockade fence the other day.. once they figure out how to get over em its all over..ugh.

Doberman having issues I take it..seee you should of gotten a Meatball !!

good luck with the dobie sounds like you have your hands full!

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:08 pm

Yeah, I've been kicking myself plenty!
Jen

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:12 pm

dogs4jen wrote:Yeah, I've been kicking myself plenty!
Jen

maybe dobie just needs a friend!!
muuhahahaha!

Where did you and when did you adopt him?

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:19 pm

About two months ago from Second Chance Dobes near Ann Arbor. I thought I had done plenty of research, and I've really liked all the dobes I've met. He's gotten really agressive toward anyone we meet out walking or who comes in the house, and re-directs his biting toward us. I got in contact with the rescue to ask for advice, and I was told (extremely rudely, I might add) that I had messed him up, being too nice to him or something. I'm going to try to find a good trainer to evaluate him and go from there I guess.
Jen

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:27 pm

dogs4jen wrote:About two months ago from Second Chance Dobes near Ann Arbor. I thought I had done plenty of research, and I've really liked all the dobes I've met. He's gotten really agressive toward anyone we meet out walking or who comes in the house, and re-directs his biting toward us. I got in contact with the rescue to ask for advice, and I was told (extremely rudely, I might add) that I had messed him up, being too nice to him or something. I'm going to try to find a good trainer to evaluate him and go from there I guess.
Jen

DAMN...that wasnt nice of them.. I wish you were closer I could probably help a tiny bit.
I will pm you my email addy..maybe I can lend ya a hand..we can re start him in your home.

a good trainer will help..but maybe I can shed some tiny ideas to get ya started..

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:48 pm

Oh, thanks so much, I sure appreciate it.
Jen

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Well our little buddy goes Sunday to his new home. I am giving him a trial period as they already have an elderly dog and a younger dog.

I gave them the link to here maybe we will see them! But I am sure I will be bugging them more than enough for updates on my lil buddy Meatball.
Oh my..talk about bittersweet! I so want this home to work for him he deserves to be a whole pet and dog..but damn!!! I love my lil Meatball!!!!

So all you Meatball fans, send good karma and vibes !
:thumbsup:

innocence621
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby innocence621 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Good luck Meatball! Hope all goes well!

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”