Isis - deformed but not disabled girl - in PA

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Isis - deformed but not disabled girl - in PA

Postby FlyByNight » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:31 pm

Hi,

I actually do not own a pit, I have a male GSD, but I love the breed and found this beautiful girl on petfinder recently, and her plight stole my heart! I am not in a position right now to take her, as I am in college in a dorm, and my dog himself is with my parents and our/their Seeing Eye pup (also a GSD). PLEASE take a look at her petfinder site here: http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2070460&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=41760d7d59fb28e2-app2&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat= and see if you can possibly help her out! I am attending school in S. Maryland, and could probably help with transport between or around those two areas, but could not actually pull her unless it was at a time that I was home (she is currently in Phila. which is an hour away from my house). It is a crying shame that disfigured dogs like this get looked over so many times in shelters even though they are still perfectly good at heart! I have emailed the contact listed in her petfinder description asking specifically how she is with dogs and cats, and have not gotten a response as of yet.

Thank you!
-Sarah

Oh, heh, and by the way, apologies for the long link, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do the HTML for making the link's hotbutton a word, or phrase, etc.
FlyByNight
Super Bully

Postby PitBullPride » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:35 am

Awww poor thing!
PitBullPride

Postby Boo439 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:15 am

OMG what a shame!!! She's been sitting in that kennel over a year! Someone give that beauty a home!!!
Boo439

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:22 pm

Mix? Mixed with what... Pit Bull? lol
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby FlyByNight » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:59 pm

I'm thinking that they were calling her a pit bull mix in order to try and make her more appealing for potential adopters. But please, please someone come and rescue this girl - all she needs is love! No meds., special procedures, nothing! Just someone willing to cherish her for who she is, not what she looks like! Anyone...???
FlyByNight
Super Bully

Postby Hooligan » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:44 pm

i would love to have her, but I am several states away. I did email them to see if I could send her some goodies though.
Hooligan

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:49 pm

I would make a donation to help with shipping, and I am sure that other would , too... if you really would adopt her...
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby blover27 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:57 pm

Steph-n-Wolf wrote:I would make a donation to help with shipping, and I am sure that other would , too... if you really would adopt her...

wow way to put her on the spot lol (i would make a donation too to defer the shipping costs :oops: ....sorry hooligan)
blover27

Postby Hooligan » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:46 pm

well they haven't responded to my emails at all....wonder whats going on....
Since we already have 6 dogs I am not sure if I could actually take her (city limit is 6) lucky me I can say one is a foster bc I wk at the Humane Society, :)) if they ever respond.
Thank you for offering to help to get her shipped, as soon as I get some info on her I will let you know how it will all go.
Hooligan

Postby elegy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:29 am

i tried to adopt that dog and i got nothing but a runaround from the rescue. they wouldn't give me straight answers about anything. i got frustrated and went to the shelter instead.

i am sorry she is still there. i wish i could have given her the home she deserves.
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Hooligan » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:54 am

They still haven't let me know anything...maybe they think since we already own pibles we are not suitable homes....since she got mauled by two of them....
Hooligan

Postby FlyByNight » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:52 am

I emailed before asking about whether she was good with dogs and cats, and was told that the rescue who listed her are not the ones who have her, but that the woman handling the adoption is someone named Alene. I would post the phone number here for anyone who is interested, but for the sake of privacy will not - if any of you are still looking at this girl send me an email at smbrewer@smcm.edu and I will give you Alene's phone number...thanks!

Also, the rescue who's email is on Isis' page was very slow responding to me, so they probably will be with everyone else as well...
Last edited by FlyByNight on Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlyByNight
Super Bully

Postby FlyByNight » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:55 am

Elegy - that's so weird that they wouldn't give you any straight answers - you would think that they would jump at the chance to get her out of there and into a home! Thank you for trying, though. - Were you given the same name that I was to contact? Some woman named Alene?

And I wish I could help donate for shipping costs too, but I'm a college student, which means I'm broke! Aah! But please please do try and save her - a year in a kennel really is no life for any dog... :crybaby:
FlyByNight
Super Bully

Postby Hooligan » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:04 pm

FlyByNight wrote:I emailed before asking about whether she was good with dogs and cats, and was told that the rescue who listed her are not the ones who have her, but that the woman handling the adoption is someone named Alene. I would post the phone number here for anyone who is interested, but for the sake of privacy will not - if any of you are still looking at this girl send me an email at smbrewer@smcm.edu and I will give you Alene's phone number...thanks!

Also, the rescue who's email is on Isis' page was very slow responding to me, so they probably will be with everyone else as well...

I PMed you...I am going to try my best to find somethign out!
Hooligan

Postby elegy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:45 pm

no, i think the person i was in contact with's name was jen. maybe once somebody gets ahold of this alene person things would be able to progress?

i hope so. she's sure a beautiful dog. her story just melted my heart.
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs