Dog needs rescue!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
dampmonster

Dog needs rescue!

Postby dampmonster » Thu May 03, 2007 9:48 pm

18 month old pup due to be put down. Wandered from home, the AC picked him up, and now they say because he is not nudared he's either to be euthanized, donated to science, or shipped out of province.

We don't have much hope for Petey but a lady at the AC said there was a woman around saving pitters by claiming they're bull dog crossed. I know its lying and I know it's wrong, but I can't let them put Petey down just for being pit bull.

Please I need help. Where can I turn to? Who can I turn to? If you are that lady and you're reading this please PM me, or if you know anyone who can help (or have any sort of suggestions) please don't hesitate to contact me.

Truly,
Samantha :sad:

SyrisIsABully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SyrisIsABully » Thu May 03, 2007 11:27 pm

You know I can deal with the euthanasia part of the ban...as much as it sucks...but the donating to science part really makes me ill.
Why is that even an option??? Would someone really do that??
I hope something works out.

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Thu May 03, 2007 11:46 pm

Isnt it sad that they donate them to science? Most people dont know that about Ontario..... sometimes there are fates worse than death :sad:

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Fri May 04, 2007 12:32 am

By FAR that is a fate worse then death. :crybaby:

Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Fri May 04, 2007 10:01 am

I have no idea who that lady is lying about the breed..i have sent you a PM though.

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Fri May 04, 2007 10:13 am

euthanized, donated to science, or shipped out of province.

Wait... WHAT? I assumed 'donated to science' was post euthanasia... it's prior???? Seriously?!?! I absolutely cannot believe that... I mean I can but I am disgusted. What is wrong with society.

pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby pittymomma » Fri May 04, 2007 10:18 am

reply to spurby's post- we will see what we can do to help you.

quick question why wasn't Petey neutered?

:thumbsup:

dampmonster

Postby dampmonster » Fri May 04, 2007 11:04 am

pittymomma wrote:reply to spurby's post- we will see what we can do to help you.

quick question why wasn't Petey neutered?

:thumbsup:

I have no idea why not. Probably because of cost. But I thought it was pretty sneaky and coniving for them to leave out the fine little bit of detail. Also, Petey was wrapped twice around a thick tree with 3 metal fasteners and a metal cord. We're starting to wonder if he could even break through that or if AC actually came and took him.

Especially if they knew he wasn't neutered. And tricked us into thinking the license was official with or without it.

Ugh this whole situation is retarded.

dampmonster

Postby dampmonster » Fri May 04, 2007 11:06 am

ilikelily wrote:
euthanized, donated to science, or shipped out of province.

Wait... WHAT? I assumed 'donated to science' was post euthanasia... it's prior???? Seriously?!?! I absolutely cannot believe that... I mean I can but I am disgusted. What is wrong with society.

I thought that was pretty disgusting too. I'd rather euthanize him then send him for weird medical tests.

This whole situation reminds me hitler and the jews. It's not right. :po:

pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby pittymomma » Fri May 04, 2007 11:18 am

ok so Petey is NOT your dog?

dampmonster

Postby dampmonster » Fri May 04, 2007 11:36 am

No he's the dog of a very close friend who has asked me to try and find him help.

1lila1
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby 1lila1 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:15 pm

Just FYI, if no dogs were "donated to science" we would not have all the latest advances in pet nutrition and health care that we do now. It sucks but so does the alternative. It's easy to down an ambiguous thing like "science" but who do you think is making life convenient and healthy for us and our dogs? There are reasons we know what we know today. We didn't pull knowledge out of thin air!

indianas_mom
Matured Bully

Postby indianas_mom » Fri May 04, 2007 12:23 pm

Just FYI, if no dogs were "donated to science" we would not have all the latest advances in pet nutrition and health care that we do now. It sucks but so does the alternative. It's easy to down an ambiguous thing like "science" but who do you think is making life convenient and healthy for us and our dogs? There are reasons we know what we know today. We didn't pull knowledge out of thin air!

We know that, but this is the Rescue section and people are trying to help this woman save her friend's dog.

Telling her that donating dogs to science is necessary isn't going to comfort her much.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Fri May 04, 2007 2:17 pm

folks, i removed most of the animal experimentation stuff from this thread because it was getting way off topic . . . if you want to talk about the ethics of experimenting on animals, you can start a thread in miscellaneous and have at it . . . but the subject at hand is helping these people figure out how to help this dog.

thank you for your understanding!

dampmonster

Postby dampmonster » Fri May 04, 2007 3:12 pm

Yea no kidding.

Well, strange turn of events. The AC is letting us bring Petey home, I guess the people there were getting tired of seeing us there every day.

They've done a complete 360 and now are saying it was their mistake for ever bringing him in and all this other stupid crap.

I'm a little weirded out, but if that means he gets to come home then awesome. Thank you to everyone who had help to offer during our troubled times. :peace:

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”