What the...?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
GSDBulldog
Addicted to PBF

What the...?

Postby GSDBulldog » Sat May 26, 2007 1:55 pm

Buster's good with other dogs but he's got REAL issues with people. He is feral and I thought after having had him in a foster home for a year he would get better. He'll climb on the bed and let you pet him or scratch his back, but he won't let you hold him or pick him up or, are you ready, give him a bath. He becomes aggressive. He won't walk on a leash either or even let you put a collar on him. I'm hoping he'll get better in time. Buster's adoption donation fee is $100. Please contact Christopher if you're interested in adopting him.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=4586612

Genesis~N~Petey
Super Bully

Postby Genesis~N~Petey » Sat May 26, 2007 2:09 pm

wow.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sat May 26, 2007 2:13 pm

Someone should go get the dog and PTS...

buckaroo
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby buckaroo » Sat May 26, 2007 9:56 pm

Are you kidding me?? Why haven't they euthed him yet? They are seriously going to adopt out a dog that won't wear a collar!? Honestly, I'd adopt the dog and then put him down myself if I were closer.

fllady
Newborn Bully

Postby fllady » Sat May 26, 2007 10:33 pm

I wrote to him and asked him to please euthanize the dog. I'll let you know what kind of reply I get.

CtownBullyLover
Adolescent Bully

Postby CtownBullyLover » Sat May 26, 2007 10:36 pm

What is this, the rescue for dogs that should be humanely euthanized, but we're too selfish to do it ourselves. Just look at their other poor dog listings... I have never heard of distemper causing permanent twitches, is that something that happens?

"Tindell is a good beagle who wants love. If you pull his tail and irritate him he'll bite so that you stop. Therefore he shouldn't be adopted by a family with young children. Tindell likes to lick and snuggle up with his foster Daddy. He does have to be muzzled at the vet, though. Someone must have mistreated him. He's very affectionate, as long as you're gentle with him."

"Roe is a 3 year old beagle/hound mix. She is very sweet and loves all people, but she doesn't like all dogs, especially female ones. Roe got distemper as an adult and almost died. Now she is all better except for a little twitch that was leftover when she recovered. Roe's former owner fed her junk and never walked her. As a result, she is grossly overweight"

"Dahlia weighs about 20 lbs. She is extremely sweet and loves to be around you whenever she can. She loves meeting new people and is extremely friendly. When she was about 6 months old, she had distemper and has a few twitches left over from that. They make her salivate and her tongue peeks out of the side of her mouth. She's also almost entirely incontinent. She looks like a hyena."

"Jaeda is a beautiful black dog. She's very affectionate and loves to give kisses. She's also a scrapper. There's no telling what other dog she will like and who she'll want to fight with."

"Freeda is terrified of leaving the house to go to the vet or to meet a prospective new family. She requires a little doggie tranquilizer for both. Freeda's housetrained, but on occasion she'll piddle on the floor. She's a sweet girl who plays with her brothers and sisters. When Superior Mutts first got her she ran into the bathroom and wouldn't come out for three weeks. She had to be fed in there and her foster father went in daily to clean her feces and urine. Every time he did she would push herself into the concrete wall as hard as she could because she was so scared."

fllady
Newborn Bully

Postby fllady » Sat May 26, 2007 10:39 pm

yeah, I read those too, scarey isn't it??

BTW the email bounced back

CtownBullyLover
Adolescent Bully

Postby CtownBullyLover » Sat May 26, 2007 10:42 pm

I almost hope it's a scam, which I'm guessing it is.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sat May 26, 2007 11:43 pm

I didn't realize this is PETFINDER!!! I just reported it to one of the techs there...

buckaroo
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby buckaroo » Sat May 26, 2007 11:51 pm

Dahlia does not look right at all.

Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Melody » Sun May 27, 2007 8:18 am

Oh for Pete's sake...this rescue is back? They've already been shut down once because one of their "fosters" had over 50 (thats FIFTY!) dogs in the house, and two dead ones in trash bags in the car port. I rescued 4 puppies from them a few years ago, and 3 died of distemper. Disgusting...I should call AC again on them. But I don't have Christophers address. Anyone willing to "pretend" they want to adopt from them, and see where this person lives?

Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Melody » Sun May 27, 2007 8:22 am

Sorry for the double post...

Notice all the dogs who had distemper? And poor Jaeda has been looking for a home for YEARS! They wanted me to take her as well, but I had no room. Why in all those years, has she not been housebroken? This rescue makes me sick to my stomach. Most of those poor dogs have no business being in society, but should be humanely euthanized so they don't have to live in fear.

HAPBTR
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby HAPBTR » Sun May 27, 2007 8:23 am

You've got to be kidding me? What is this maddness? Adopting out people agressive dogs? Some of these dogs have real health issues.

ARG! Going to call ACO in Orlando area next to them to see if they have any reports, or see if they can do an investigation,

Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Melody » Sun May 27, 2007 8:29 am

Bah....triple post, please accept my apologies

The person with PK (the tortie cat) is Donna Marsh, she's the one that I got those puppies from that died and the one who had over 50 dogs in her home. Christopher told me he was no longer going to work with Donna because of what happened...even though its his rescue, I'm sure he knew exactly what was happening.

Can someone local go and try to adopt PK and see if she will let you go to her home? If so, get the address and call AC again on her.

HAPBTR
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby HAPBTR » Sun May 27, 2007 8:38 am

Jaeda is a beautiful black dog. She's very affectionate and loves to give kisses. She's also a scrapper. There's no telling what other dog she will like and who she'll want to fight with. She would be better as someone's only dog. Jaeda LOVES getting under the covers, so if you're the type who takes your dog into bed with you, she's your girl! Jaeda's adoption donation is $100. Please call Christopher at 407-947-9552 if you would like to adopt Jaeda. Thanks! Oh, and she's crate trained but no necessarily house trained.

She would be better as someone's only dog? So are they saying it isn't a guideline of her adoption that she BE THE only dog?

What is this rescue? This is rediculous.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”