What the...?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Sun May 27, 2007 10:54 am

GAH. I don't work in rescue, unfortunately (Ella is too dog aggressive), but I would think that if ANY dog showed ANY signs of fear, they would NOT be adopted out. Why would any rescue adopt out a fearful dog that could possibly become fear aggressive??

This is HORRIBLE.

egostang
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby egostang » Mon May 28, 2007 12:06 am

I wonder if the dog is really as bad as described or if they just have a bad foster?

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Mon May 28, 2007 9:28 am

Bad foster or bad dog, to me it doesn't matter because the everyday person who wants to simply adopt a pet isn't going to know canine behavior and/or what triggers the dog and what doesn't.

I say even if just the foster home is bad, then bad rescue anyway for having a bad foster.

fllady
Newborn Bully

Postby fllady » Mon May 28, 2007 1:13 pm

This was the reply I got from him, my email is below that I initially wrote.

Who are you?

Cindy Holliday
Your petfinder email doesn’t work!

Thank you!
Cindy Holliday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 10:33 PM
To: 'christopher@superiormutts.com'
Subject: Petfinder.com Pet Inquiry: Buster PFId

Christopher,

I applaud you for what you are doing with your rescue.

Unfortunately I am very concerned about you adopting a dog out like Buster, if he has ANY people aggression at all he needs to be humanely euthanized.
He could hurt someone badly and could you live with that? There are far too many GOOD dogs that need homes, human aggression should not be tolerated at all in any breed.

Please think seriously about what I’ve said, if you place this dog and he hurts someone you could be liable regardless of what your contract says. I hope you will make the right decision.

Thank you!
Cindy Holliday

egostang
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby egostang » Mon May 28, 2007 1:26 pm

chewbecca wrote:Bad foster or bad dog, to me it doesn't matter because the everyday person who wants to simply adopt a pet isn't going to know canine behavior and/or what triggers the dog and what doesn't.

I say even if just the foster home is bad, then bad rescue anyway for having a bad foster.

Well you know how even people have come on here and claimed to have an "aggressie" dog that wasn't doing anything other than barking or pulling or staring. I was thinking along those lines. But the dog shouldn't be put up for adoption if it has unmanageable behavioral problems. It needs training.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon May 28, 2007 1:46 pm

egostang wrote:
chewbecca wrote:Bad foster or bad dog, to me it doesn't matter because the everyday person who wants to simply adopt a pet isn't going to know canine behavior and/or what triggers the dog and what doesn't.

Well you know how even people have come on here and claimed to have an "aggressie" dog that wasn't doing anything other than barking or pulling or staring. I was thinking along those lines. But the dog shouldn't be put up for adoption if it has unmanageable behavioral problems. It needs training.

If that dog is 1/2 as bad as they make him sound, he doesn't need training, he needs a 1-way trip to the VET. :po:

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon May 28, 2007 1:57 pm

dondondon
Newborn Bully

Postby dondondon » Mon May 28, 2007 2:14 pm

buckaroo wrote:Dahlia does not look right at all.

looks like a cat dog

Emma H
Matured Bully

Postby Emma H » Mon May 28, 2007 5:14 pm

Dahlia looks like she's had a stroke or something? Definetely not healthy!

RodentRanger
Super Bully

Postby RodentRanger » Mon May 28, 2007 5:52 pm

ANyone else notice that Roe (the fattie) is the only one wearing any sort of collar? And why is a cat who is to be adopted OUTSIDE?!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon May 28, 2007 7:22 pm

Dahlia looks "like a hyena" :(
Definately not how I would describe an adoptable...

fllady
Newborn Bully

Postby fllady » Mon May 28, 2007 7:23 pm

Oh just wait until you read this second email, this is BS! A retired couple with a big aggressive "feral" dog, right.

Hi Cindy. Thanks for your message about Buster. It reminded me that I have to update his profile. An older couple agreed to foster him. They're botyh rertired. With individual attention and love, the biting has stopped. He feels safe and loved and he doesn't have to compete for attention by exhibiting negative behaviros. That's what the guy said who Sid and Mary hired. A trainer. I'm sure you're happy about Buster. They will likely keep him forever and if not they'll foster another. They like hard-luck cases. I think if I had euthanized Buster I would have been sinining against my mission statement of no kill. Buster was always a good boy even when he demonstrated bad behaviroes.

I told Sid & Mary I'd help them with the payment for the trainer. I only have $63. Could you send Superior Mutts money? Please. I really need it. I know you want to help and I appre4caite your advise. Thanks Cindy!

fllady
Newborn Bully

Postby fllady » Mon May 28, 2007 7:27 pm

And here's my reply:

If I get an address I'll post it here. :thumbsup:

fllady
Newborn Bully

Postby fllady » Mon May 28, 2007 7:29 pm

LOL forgot to paste my msg. Sorry.....

I get paid Thursday, send me an address, not a P.O. Box, I will not contribute to PO Boxes, nor via Paypal. If it’s not a legitimate address with a legitimate name I will not send a money order.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon May 28, 2007 7:37 pm

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!
I think if I had euthanized Buster I would have been sinining against my mission statement of no kill

That is such BS!!!!!!!!!!! :po: The "mission" of no kill isn't saving dogs who are aggressive and people biters!!

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”