What the...?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Melody » Mon May 28, 2007 8:23 pm

Nice one fllady! They know me from last time, so I can't do anything...but I am glad someone else is stepping up. This rescue just doesn't sit right with me. Not with all that I have seen from it. :yucky:

No kill or not, some sort of behavior testing/evaluating needs to happen to all potential adoptable dogs. I'm all for that every dog deserves a second chance...but severely fearful dogs with a known bite history wouldn't cut it with me.

fllady
Newborn Bully

Postby fllady » Mon May 28, 2007 8:25 pm

I have an address, if someone in Florida is pursuing this email me

cholliday@mchsi.com

LindsaySF
Bully Ambassador

Postby LindsaySF » Mon May 28, 2007 9:27 pm

Buster's profile has been changed:

Superior Mutts Doggie Rescue
Orlando, FL
christopher@superiormutts.com

Pit Bull Terrier,German Shepherd Dog

Size: Large
ID:

Notes: Buster is much improved in a foster home with a retired couple who got him training. He's MUCH better with people. He has a harness though he still doesn't like to walk on a leash Buster's adoption donation fee is $100. Please contact Christopher if you're interested in adopting him. 407-947-9552 or yuktrude@yahoo.com

LindsaySF
Bully Ambassador

Postby LindsaySF » Mon May 28, 2007 9:32 pm

OMG. What's with the tongue hanging out, and the flat feet?

Dahlia
Dog

Orlando, FL
407-947-9552
yuktrude@yahoo.com

Image Image

Australian Kelpie,Schipperke Mix

Size: Medium
ID: 0566

Notes: Dahlia weighs about 20 lbs. She is extremely sweet and loves to be around you whenever she can. She loves meeting new people and is extremely friendly. When she was about 6 months old, she had distemper and has a few twitches left over from that. They make her salivate and her tongue peeks out of the side of her mouth. She's also almost entirely incontinent. She looks like a hyena. The vet didn't even think she would make it, but she has such a strong will to live she made it. She has no problems with other dogs or with cats. She is about 3 years old now. Dahlia is one of the sweetest dogs you'll ever meet! Her adoption donation is $100.00. If you have any questions, or would like to meet her, please contact yuktrude@yahoo.com or call 407-947-9552.

She really DOES look like a Hyena though.

LindsaySF
Bully Ambassador

Postby LindsaySF » Mon May 28, 2007 9:36 pm

Freeda
Dog

Orlando, FL
407-947-9552
yuktrude@yahoo.com

Shepherd,Labrador Retriever Mix

Size: Large
ID:

Notes: Freeda has been in foster care for several years. She's feral but she's come a long way. She now sleeps on her foster Daddy's bed with his other dogs. Freeda will always be a little scared. She feels safe in her foster home but with so many brothers and sisters, she doesn't get the attention she deserves. Freeda is terrified of leaving the house to go to the vet or to meet a prospective new family. She requires a little doggie tranquilizer for both. Freeda's housetrained, but on occasion she'll piddle on the floor. She's a sweet girl who plays with her brothers and sisters. When Superior Mutts first got her she ran into the bathroom and wouldn't come out for three weeks. She had to be fed in there and her foster father went in daily to clean her feces and urine. Every time he did she would push herself into the concrete wall as hard as she could because she was so scared. Now she sleeps on his bed. If you would like to give Freeda a home, please contact Christopher at 407-947-9552. There is a $100 adoption donation for Freeda. She's worth a million!

I can't read anymore. :frown:

fllady
Newborn Bully

Postby fllady » Thu May 31, 2007 9:12 am

Is someone in Florida going to check this out?

If not I have to send them a small donation, I have no way of checking them out from Iowa and I won't trick them into things if there is no way of verifying the accusations on this board. If the legitimacy of these accusations are true then it was worth saying I'd donate, if there is no validation then I have to stay true to my word, I hope this makes sense to everyone.

Odnarb

Re: What the...?

Postby Odnarb » Thu May 31, 2007 9:24 am

GSDBulldog wrote:
Buster's good with other dogs but he's got REAL issues with people. He is feral and I thought after having had him in a foster home for a year he would get better. He'll climb on the bed and let you pet him or scratch his back, but he won't let you hold him or pick him up or, are you ready, give him a bath. He becomes aggressive. He won't walk on a leash either or even let you put a collar on him. I'm hoping he'll get better in time. Buster's adoption donation fee is $100. Please contact Christopher if you're interested in adopting him.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=4586612

Wow! Just what I always wanted! Thanks for finding my dream dog, one that I won't have to walk or bathe! :peace:

inuprincess
Adolescent Bully

Postby inuprincess » Thu May 31, 2007 9:38 am

LindsaySF wrote:OMG. What's with the tongue hanging out, and the flat feet?

Dahlia
Dog

Orlando, FL
407-947-9552
yuktrude@yahoo.com

Image Image

Australian Kelpie,Schipperke Mix

Size: Medium
ID: 0566

Notes: Dahlia weighs about 20 lbs. She is extremely sweet and loves to be around you whenever she can. She loves meeting new people and is extremely friendly. When she was about 6 months old, she had distemper and has a few twitches left over from that. They make her salivate and her tongue peeks out of the side of her mouth. She's also almost entirely incontinent. She looks like a hyena. The vet didn't even think she would make it, but she has such a strong will to live she made it. She has no problems with other dogs or with cats. She is about 3 years old now. Dahlia is one of the sweetest dogs you'll ever meet! Her adoption donation is $100.00. If you have any questions, or would like to meet her, please contact yuktrude@yahoo.com or call 407-947-9552.

She really DOES look like a Hyena though.

The temperment of this one seems alright. She just needs a little patching up with her tongue and paws..

GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Thu May 31, 2007 12:07 pm

Please email Susan at Petfinder.com. She will look into this for you.

Susan@petfinder.com or outreach@petfinder.com

YOu can tell her Michelle McDonald thought she should look into them. :brow:

GSDBulldog
Addicted to PBF

Postby GSDBulldog » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:20 am

:po:

Teesat has been returned twice by two separate families, the second with small children. Both report that's she's sweet and affectionate with family members, but she wants to attack (ostensibly to protect her family) visitors. She could stand some "dog whispering." Given this, if you would like to adopt this sweet girl, please contact yuktrude@yahoo.com or 407-947-9552. Teesat's adoption donation fee is $100

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=6728046

sara
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby sara » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:07 pm

I'm as big an animal rights advocate as any . . . but I can certainly recognize a lost cause. I mean -- the dog with the tongue and the feet, and the twitches and the incontinence? Put her out of her misery. I'm amazed they can even find fosters for them. The elderly fosters for "buster" had to hire a trainer to come out and personally consult! It is obvious that he is still a problem.

I wouldn't give him money -- even if you said you would to get his address. Let him go insolvent and STOP taking in FERAL dogs!

HickGirl
Adolescent Bully

Postby HickGirl » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:57 am

Unfortunately there are a lot of rescues that adopt out dogs that they shouldn't. When we were looking to adopt back in January, we ran into a rescue that had several Pit Bulls that were child aggressive. And I do not mean hyper and may knock down a child. I mean does not like children and will bite. The person that ran the rescue said that she would adopt them out to people who did not have children. I asked her if maybe Pit Bulls that were known man-biters, be it a child or an adult, might have some temperament issues and be a liability. She did not see it as an issue. She said she had several Pit Bulls on her property with bite histories and there was nothing wrong with them. Scary, huh?

Jen

Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Melody » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:16 am

Wow, that's a scary thought. I tell every person that calls me with "my dog no longer likes my kids/bit someone/can't keep because he growls" etc...that I will NOT take in a dog with a known bite history or one that shows any type of people aggression as thats not something that can be tolerated at any level with this breed. People get mad at me because I "claim" to be a rescue and won't take their aggressive dogs. Sorry, I can't take the liability. All it will take is one of those dogs that woman adopts out to severely attack a child and she'll lose everything she has in a lawsuit, since she knew the dog had a bite history and still chose to adopt it out. How does she know that the people who adopts the dog wont have kids in the future, or maybe they have family or friends with kids and they come to visit?

HickGirl
Adolescent Bully

Postby HickGirl » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:34 am

Or what if the dog gets loose? Unless you live in a verrrry remote location, there are going to be kids nearby.

This same rescue person told me that she would not recommend a velcro-dog type of Pit Bull because it would have "resource guarding" issues...mainly me being the resource and would lash out at a child demanding my attention. Huh? How crazy is that? I am happy to say that we adopted a very sweet velcro Pit Bull from our Humane Society and she absolutely adores our son....as she should :)

Jen

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”