Wonderful Dogs at Animal Care & Control

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
inuprincess
Adolescent Bully

Wonderful Dogs at Animal Care & Control

Postby inuprincess » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:50 pm

Here's the pics and information on two sweet dogs I met at the shelter.

This girl's name is spelled Duthcs, but I think its Dutches. She's really sweet and gentle (put gets really jumpy when you give her a treat lol ). She knows sit so far for commands. She's a lab mix, I think she's crossed with a blue pit since her fur is that "blue" color with a white spot on her chest and paws. She's really skinny and looks like she just had puppies. I think she deserves to have someone rescue her either through fostering or adoption. I would jump at the chance of taking her but I'm not allowed to have pets. :frown: So feel free in saving this girl from the shelter. I would really appreciate it.

Her ID is A712013. You would need this in getting her.

This one is a brindle little girl. She's only like 8 monthes old. She doesn't know any commands, but she's pretty calm and cute. lol I believe shes a pit bull, but they have her written down as pit mix...I see no mix, xD. This one doesn't deserve to be in the shelter either. She's way too young to be on death row (assuming they both are sadly).

Her ID is...I wrote down the wrong one. x.x I'll try to get it tomorrow, sorry. We have to get accustomed in getting the dogs ID's so they can be adopted.

You have to contact the Animal Care & Control NYC, not me, to save these girls. I sadly can't hold them but I'd love to see them in a loving home. Here's the link: http://www.nycacc.org/index.htm There's an adoption page and when you look under "contact us", theres the address, phone number, etc of the shelters. I'm in the Manhattan one and so are these lovely ladies, xD.

Write down here if you have contact the shelter or planning something. ^.^

bll516
Super Bully

Postby bll516 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:16 pm

They are both beautiful. What shelter are they in? Manhattan?

inuprincess
Adolescent Bully

Postby inuprincess » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:16 pm

bll516 wrote:They are both beautiful. What shelter are they in? Manhattan?

Yup, they are in the Manhattan shelter. It's on E 110th St between 2nd and 1st Ave in Spanish Harlem. Anyone, feel free to stop by and see them. ^.^

I couldn't get the ID of Bria (forgot how to spell her name, xD, its pretty though) today, but I'll most likely go on Tuesday.

inuprincess
Adolescent Bully

Postby inuprincess » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:53 pm

Sorry I couldn't get the information but my grandmother injured her back and had to stay in bed all week. I couldn't go anywhere. :frown: Luckly she's starting to improve.

I hope those dogs weren't but down. :frown:

inuprincess
Adolescent Bully

Postby inuprincess » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:25 pm

Great news! I found out that these two dogs have went to rescue. So whoever saved them, bless your soul. ^.^ I'm glad they escaped the death penalty.

This dude's name is Jumpy and this is his ID: A713820.
He's not jumpy and bouncy though, xD. I like this guy. He's a big boy, about a year or so. He looks like a true pit bull terrier so they say. despite how grown he looks, he doesn't pull much. He waits for me, like when I take him down the stairs to the yard and stuff, which is really nice. He occasionally looks back to see how I'm doing without being called to attention which is also pretty sweet. He chases his tail as a habit in his kennel since he's really bored and hates being in there. When you put him in the kennel, he cries and barks, which makes me sad when I have to put him back in. I give him lots of treats when I put him back since I feel bad about it. Outside, if he starts the tail chasing I make the "Aa" sound like in the dog nanny show or a sharp no to get him to stop. He seems to listen to me pretty good. He also knows sit as a command. I give him squeaky toys to give him something fun to do. He loves squeaky ball, especially when you squeeze then throw them. I feel like he needs someone who will teach him not to chase his tail when he's bored and will be assertive but also loving, no scolding or punishing.

I really like this boy so I hope he can be rescued. He remind me of myself in a way since he's a little unique. ^.^ So if anyone want to adopt, foster, or rescue him, please do. ^.^

inuprincess
Adolescent Bully

Postby inuprincess » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:27 pm

Just wanted to show you guys this cute little one.

This young lady is very pretty. Her name is Cona (rather interesting name) and her ID is A715134.

She's brindle with like a half white face, xD, which is cute. She's also pretty small for a pit bull, she's 2 years old. I thought she was like 7 months or so. She's calm and acts mature, she doesn't run around crazy and jump on people, xD, even when she's off leash. She's very treat motivated and she knows sit. She seems pretty intelligent, willing and very focused to take commands for a treat, and she has an adorable little smile.

If you're interested, please visit or contact Animal Care & Control Manhattan, especially if you love small pit bulls, xD. ^.^

bll516
Super Bully

Postby bll516 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:49 am

Look at that sweet little face!!!!!!!!!

inuprincess
Adolescent Bully

Postby inuprincess » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:54 pm

bll516 wrote:Look at that sweet little face!!!!!!!!!

I know. ^.^
She wasn't there today. Hopefully, very much, she was put into rescue or adopted. ^ ^;;

inuprincess
Adolescent Bully

Postby inuprincess » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:20 pm

Felt like showing you some more sweethearts. ^ ^;

This little brindle pit bull girl's name is Coco. Her ID is A#718260. Despite her small size, she's really 4 years old. She's extremely loving, loves to lick and cuddle. She's very much a people's dog, xD. She also loves toys alot. She can sit for awhile chewing on a toy and likes to play catch. She knows sit for a command. Very loving dog. This girl isn't on the website so you should contact Animal Care & Control NYC if you're interested. ^.^

This isn't a pit bull nor a dog, but I felt like showing him anyway.

This guy's name is Jasper. His weight is shocking, at a whopping 45 lbs for a cat. I don't know who did this to him, overfed him and ditched him at the shelter. This saddens me. He's a friendly cat. Not much people would want to take him, but I hope he finds someone. He's been called "King of the Cats" around here. He can easily be in Guinness's Book of World Records.

inuprincess
Adolescent Bully

Postby inuprincess » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:22 pm

Sorry that my pictures are too big. I took them with a real camera (not phone), not knowing this would happen. o.o

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”