I don't know what to do...

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
apbtgurl26
Matured Bully

I don't know what to do...

Postby apbtgurl26 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:57 pm

Why is it every time someone has a friend of a friend of a friend that has a dog, especially a pitbull, to get rid of they come to me??????? I am at work today, and my supervisor said her neighbor has a female pitbull that he has to get rid of because his homeowners found out and are going to cancel if he doesn't. He has 2 weeks to find a home for her or he is having her PTS... I've called the few shelters we have and they are all full...the only ones left are kill shelters. I can't stand the thought of her being PTS, but I can't really take in another dog either! I don't know much about her other than she's great with kids and other dogs...I'm not sure if she's been spayed or not either. They showed me pictures, and once you have a face with a name it's so hard not to say yes, especially if it means her not being PTS. I don't know what to do. The DH said we could take her and try to find another home for her since her current owner obviously isn't trying too hard. He's just happy someone might be willing to take her, and told us to come on and get her.

Do any of you know of a place in or around Tennessee that might could take her? If I were to take her in as like a foster or something... I've never done this before, so I'm not sure how it works. I'd be willing to drive a certain distance if it means getting her to a safe place that won't PTS.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! And by the way...here are her pics. Her name is Fizzle...

CrinkledStraw
Matured Bully

Postby CrinkledStraw » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:22 pm

Look at those ears!
You're right, it is much harder to say no when you've seen the pooch.
I don't live in the area, so I can't help you with contacts, but best of luck!

koryn21
Newborn Bully

Postby koryn21 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:34 pm

she's so pretty. how is she with other pets/people?

Emma H
Matured Bully

Postby Emma H » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:30 am

Oh goodness, she is gorgous :inlove: !!
People SUCK :crybaby:

PopeyeSaysHowdy
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby PopeyeSaysHowdy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:49 am

They can't get another homeowner's policy from a different company? Sounds fishy.

It's good though that you have the reputation as the helper. It could certainly be worse!

koryn21
Newborn Bully

Postby koryn21 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:06 am

how old is she? any extra info you have about her quirks/ personality would be great...how does she handle a leash, being groomed, bathed, toys, food, loud noises, etc.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:04 am

She's gorgeous. Have you met her?

BULLYsADVOCATE

Postby BULLYsADVOCATE » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:24 pm

What I would suggest doing, is contacting a pitbull rescue in your area and asking if they can help her find a home by posting her on their websites, and possibly let you attend adoptions. Rescuers are usually overwhelmed, but are definately willing to help out if the other party agress to work with them in sharing the burden via fostering.

On PBRC, there were only two pitbull rescues listed in Tennessee.
http://pbrc.net/webapp/cgi-bin/orgs_by_ ... c518c403d/

She is a very pretty girl, nice and petite and athletic looking. = )
Last edited by BULLYsADVOCATE on Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssontag
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby ssontag » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:57 pm

She's a beautiful girl, I hope she finds a good home!

apbtgurl26
Matured Bully

Postby apbtgurl26 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:48 am

I apologize for just now replying... I will try and answer everyone's questions to the best of my knowledge. As of now, we still don't have her. The guy that owns her was supposed to get in contact with us yesterday, but we never heard anything, and my supervisor is off today, so I probably won't know anything until tomorrow unless one of them contacts me today.

Since I've not met her myself all I know about her is what was told to me... She is supposed to be good with other dogs, and they said she is submissive, but she has never lived in the same house with another animal. She's supposed to be great with people and kids...the guy that has her has a 3 year old brother that she's around all the time. As far as being leash trained, crate trained, and all that, I'm not sure. My super said she spends alot of time alone, as her owner is young (25) and stays out partying alot. So I don't know if he lets her have roam of the house, or puts her in a crate, but I do know she stays indoors.

I'm uncertain of her exact age, but my super believes she is around 2 or younger, and like I previously mentioned, I don't know if she's been spayed or not (but will be if she isn't once I have her).

As far as her owner getting another homeowner's policy...I doubt he's even tried to do so. It sounds to me like she's just a hassle to him and he just wants to get rid of her.

I appreciate those that listed resources for me. I will be sure to contact them all once I actually have her and know more about her.

apbtgurl26
Matured Bully

Postby apbtgurl26 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:02 pm

I'm really bummed out now... I just found out he gave her to a friend of his. I acted like I was just curious and asked if she was spayed, and he said no. I pray this 'friend' doesn't plan on breeding her... I've never met her but feel like she's mine! :frown: He did tell me though, that the friend he gave her to has other dogs, and if it doesn't work out I'd be the first to know...

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”